For those who aren't familiar with collabs, the idea is simple - Add onto the guitar pro file, and create a beautiful work of art.

Here are the rules.

1. Download the Guitar Pro file, listen to it.
2. If you want to add onto it, make a post that says you're going to do it. If someone has already called dibs on the last guitar pro file posted, you must wait until they've posted their part. (You can say, "I'd like to go after person B is done," though.)
3. Don't edit other people's parts unless they've given you permission. However, I'll allow editing of the person's last bar of music, as long as it's in order to improve a transition into your part. That being said, be reasonable. Add a drum fill, a short lead guitar thing - Don't completely change the bar.
4. Along with number 3: Don't change the instruments or tunings that are given. If you need to add instruments, add a new track. There's also F10, which will allow you to change a track's instrument or the song's tempo in the middle of the song. Just make sure you don't **** up the entire song.
5. The file will eventually become too large to post as a regular Guitar Pro file. Just compress it into a zip file and post it that way.

Finally, for the love of god, NO TUXGUITAR. I can't remember how but it ****s shit up. Please only use Guitar Pro, version 5.2 or lower.

Anyways, here's the file. Enjoy!

EDIT: We wrote the first two sections in a T&C Skype group. If you'd like to join, post your skype address and we'll add you!
Attachments:
rifawfiawfh (UG collab).gp5
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Jul 29, 2014,
Quote by RedDeath9
I'll go next.

Okay, here's my part:

I'm at work at the moment, I haven't seen it yet but I'm gonna say I'm keen to go next, I'll start in about 4 hours. If someone wants to jump in quickly, feel free.

Hope you guys like it.

EDIT: Hopefully I didn't step out of turn...

EDIT 2: Edited my part again.
Attachments:
Chris Hansen.gp5
Last edited by D2BII at Aug 8, 2014,
Quote by D2BII
Hope you guys like it.

EDIT: Hopefully I didn't step out of turn...

EDIT 2: Edited my part again.

Woah, the second part reminded me of Spiral Architect. That was pretty cool.
Quote by RedDeath9
Woah, the second part reminded me of Spiral Architect. That was pretty cool.

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I just checked Spiral Architect and they're an awesome band. I actually made that riff for one of my originals sometime between 2011 and 2012. I thought that it would be cool to throw it in there for kicks.

When I saw this thread and listened to the file, I was amazed. It's amazing how differently everyone's brain perceives sound and music. So far, everyone has had radically different approaches to their parts of the collaboration, yet it still feels relatively seamless and coherent. Collaborations are an awesome way to expand the boundaries of music.
Quote by D2BII
Thanks a lot for the compliment. I just checked Spiral Architect and they're an awesome band. I actually made that riff for one of my originals sometime between 2011 and 2012. I thought that it would be cool to throw it in there for kicks.

When I saw this thread and listened to the file, I was amazed. It's amazing how differently everyone's brain perceives sound and music. So far, everyone has had radically different approaches to their parts of the collaboration, yet it still feels relatively seamless and coherent. Collaborations are an awesome way to expand the boundaries of music.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I'll go next!

EDIT: Never mind. Someone else can go.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Aug 9, 2014,
Oh man, I wish I had the time and/or patience for these. Nowadays I'm pretty much a lazy bum when I'm not working.
Quote by JazzDeath
Something I wrote real fast.

Sorry for ruining your collab

If you guys want to change the last measure of what I wrote to smoothen your transition go ahead.

Oh my god. That was brilliant.
Quote by JazzDeath
Something I wrote real fast.

Sorry for ruining your collab

If you guys want to change the last measure of what I wrote to smoothen your transition go ahead.

Wtf. That was ****ing awesome. Sounds like what Within the Ruins wish they developed into lmfao.
Last edited by Drapte at Aug 9, 2014,
im next

no im not
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Aug 12, 2014,
i'll give it a try

edit: Here's the stuff. Feel free to edit as much as you want.
Attachments:
poop.gp5
Last edited by Craziork at Aug 23, 2014,
Quote by Craziork
come on guys you can't let it die!

I gotta say, your part threw me for a loop.
Attachments:
Fleece Johnson.gp5
Last edited by D2BII at Aug 31, 2014,