This is an original metalcore song that will be on my upcoming solo EP. All instrumentation was written, tracked and mixed by me. Went for a Cameron Mizell/Joey Sturgis type of mix. Let me know what you guys think! Or if any of you have questions!

https://soundcloud.com/kenovastudios/dr-canopus-rise-of-the-capricorn

I'm open to mixing other peoples projects. Email me if interested: jsteinborn@yahoo.com
Very tight production! Are the drums real or did you use Ezdrummer or something? That's what I use.
Care to check out my song? A Lumberjack Enraged
I'm going to start recording and releasing my instrumentals. Some are a little more experimental than others (like Animals As Leaders and such), and others are just plain groovy. I don't have a band (yet). I'm flying solo for the time being.

Please comment on Soundcloud if you can, I'd really appreciate it. Follow if you want to hear my next recordings.
Gotta agree with the above^ awesomely tight!

I'm really liking the heavy rhythm tone, and the sort of mid-gainish leads take me back to some old school metalcore memories. Everything sounds really raw, yet still nice and tight like it should be. I definitely dig it and wouldn't change anything.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1649698
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
Thanks a lot eatfresh1736 and etherealprince! Really appreciate it. The drums were programmed(mapped out) with superior drummer however the final mix samples were a mix of Chango studios samples and superior/steven slate. All cymbals were superior. Kick and Toms were Chango. Lastly Snare was a mix of Chango and Steven Slate samples.
Quote by mp8andrade
Really good, not old school metalcore, but not generic like most of the modern metalcore bands. Your mix is awesome, the only thing I don't like in it is the bass tone, but that's only a matter of taste, really.

Really good, dude.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1651952

Thank's a lot! Stoked to hear it, really appreciate it. Now if I can only find a good vocalist that can sing and scream!
The groove in the beginning is way off timing with the other instruments, other then that it's good.
Quote by thrasher726
The groove in the beginning is way off timing with the other instruments, other then that it's good.
I'm pretty sure it's all in time.. I've never had someone say that and I was meticulous in tracking
Quote by KenovaStudio
I'm pretty sure it's all in time.. I've never had someone say that and I was meticulous in tracking

Listen to the kick drum and the rest of the instruments at around 5 seconds or so.
Production wise it's pretty good. The beginning is definitely either off-time or written with a strange feel.
Quote by thrasher726
Listen to the kick drum and the rest of the instruments at around 5 seconds or so.

It's not off, the kick goes on the second note. I planned it that way.
I'll have to defend Kenova here, the beginning is definitely not out of time (it is, but out of time like every human recorded track is). It's just that the drum's kick starts playing a little bit after the guitar, giving kind of a delay feel between both instruments. I believe Trivium has already done something similar to this in Shogun with some drum fills in the song's first verse.
Quote by mp8andrade
I'll have to defend Kenova here, the beginning is definitely not out of time (it is, but out of time like every human recorded track is). It's just that the drum's kick starts playing a little bit after the guitar, giving kind of a delay feel between both instruments. I believe Trivium has already done something similar to this in Shogun with some drum fills in the song's first verse.
Thanks for the defend!