hey.

i'm looking for a versatile distortion pedal which will cover almost every metal style that exist (prog metal, nu metal, heavy metal, rusty metal, metal core, grind core and even djent [if that's even a style]).

my budget would be $150-$200 and that should be enough
$201-$300 would be insane but if there's a light years difference then why should i hinder myself.

my current gear is an old cranked up 20 watt amplifier which is basically i'm going to replace with a $120 COrt MX30r, a SS amp which i intent for practice and a little recording. I know it's cheap and it's an ss but you can't blame me for not having that much money. But if you have recommendations to complement the distortion pedal i'm looking for maybe i could go little higher than the $120 MX30R but just a little because im short of budget.

My pedals are MV Shredhead and an Artec ADL-2 Delay.

I'll be buying a BBE Boosta Grande for my Shredhead to add some punch on it(to boost some simple rock tones) and a Tuner Pedal because i'm tired relying to my brother's clip on tuner(snark), maybe a TC Electronic, Korg, etc (pedalboard perks lol)

Basically, I play mostly Alternative Rock, Pop Rock and other simple tuning stuff but I had this deep interest now in learning to play heavy music.

that's it. so i hope you guys can help me.

thanks!
Your budget is too low to get a pedal that can do almost any genre of metal, except if you wan't to get a cheap multieffects unit. The best metal pedals I know are Wampler pedals, that are in the 200-300$ price range. In your budget, I don't really want to recommend anything, I think you should just save money.
I say combine your pedal and amp budget, get a used modeler like a Line 6 Flextone/Vetta/HD147 or a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, and call it a day. You will get versatility and much better sounds that way. Just an idea.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
You need an HM-2 my friend. Trust me. The one pedal that CAN make a shit amp sound good.
^ not for everything he needs. I get that people like the HM-2 but I don't think it is going to accomplish everything he needs it to do here. I could be wrong, admittedly I don't own one, but the impression I got from the HM-2 was never "versatility."
Find a used Line6 Pod 2.0 or XT and run it to your amps FX Return if it has one. Just remember to disable cab simulation in the Pod, your amps speaker colors the sound enough. No need to stack them.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
^ I feel like he could skip that step and just get a modeling amp, instead of buying a modeler, then a crap amp, and trying to make do. I'm sure the crap amp won't have an effects loop.
The Cort MX30R does have one. But you are right. Though a Pod may find some use even in the future when he gets better gear a used Vypyr 30 would be overall much better sounding choice right now.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by dementiacaptain
I say combine your pedal and amp budget, get a used modeler like a Line 6 Flextone/Vetta/HD147 or a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, and call it a day. You will get versatility and much better sounds that way. Just an idea.

+311
Quote by dementiacaptain

+1

Also, the Boosta Grande is a notably clean boost. I don't think it would really do anything for you into an SS amp. Other than make it sound worse/clip.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by guitar/bass95
Your budget is too low to get a pedal that can do almost any genre of metal, except if you wan't to get a cheap multieffects unit. The best metal pedals I know are Wampler pedals, that are in the 200-300$ price range. In your budget, I don't really want to recommend anything, I think you should just save money.

i did consider saving for a Wampler Pedal and the Triple Wreck should do it all. The problem is, i did get anxious about that pedal. some people say they have problems using that with an SS amp. I don't know.
Quote by LivinJoke84
Can you get a used Dr Scientist: The Elements?

in my place, i don't think so. that pedal is not really popular from around here.
Quote by dementiacaptain

i'll pass for that idea. i mean, i just want to make it simple. nothing more, nothing less. straight ahead the amp. oh, sorry i forgot to add that i'll be needing it also for gigs and stuff. so my setup would be 2 distortions, 1 delay, 1 boost pedal and a tuner. i don't want to complicate things anymore, my life is already complicated. lol
Quote by frostmourne7
i'll pass for that idea. i mean, i just want to make it simple. nothing more, nothing less. straight ahead the amp. oh, sorry i forgot to add that i'll be needing it also for gigs and stuff. so my setup would be 2 distortions, 1 delay, 1 boost pedal and a tuner. i don't want to complicate things anymore, my life is already complicated. lol

A modeler would be all of that in one package, what's simpler

It would sound better, be cheaper, and the modeling amps I suggested are stupidly simple, I mean, it took me five minutes to figure out how to use my Vypyr. Your call, I just think a modeling amp would be your best bet for the budget you have.
On the contrary. A modeling amp would probably be the BEST, CHEAPEST, and SIMPLEST solution for you. The Vypyr 60 is seriously a good sounding amp that meets your budget. You'll be pulling teeth trying to meet budget and match overall sound quality with the other approach. Remember, pedals can't make the core tone better. They can enhance what's there, but they can't change it from what it is. Trust me. I did the exact same thing.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
yeah i'm not sure of the wisdom of buying a bunch of expensive pedals to use with a cheap solid state amp, especially for gigging, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dementiacaptain

This.

Don't waste money on a piece of crap amp and pedal - combine your budget from everything you're planning to buy and just buy one nice amp that does it all.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
owell, since you guys are more experienced than i do i'll give that vypyr modeler a shot. thanks!
Quote by MatrixClaw
This.

Don't waste money on a piece of crap amp and pedal - combine your budget from everything you're planning to buy and just buy one nice amp that does it all.

owell, i'm moved by you guys. really. made me realize something.

anyway, there's a problem with the peavey thing. it will be hard for me to find something like that. but music stores around here do sell some new versions like vypyr vip series, blackstar ID series and line 6 viper. any feedback on those amps?