Hey guys, new here and had a greenhorn question. Using a loop pedal such as the ditto looper or smaller Digitech is it possible to loop guitar and vocal( pluggin in mic and guitar) or if there are any looper available new with xlr input as well or around 100-130.(doesn't have to be high tech as it's just for messing around at home) thanks
Passing a voice part through a guitar amp will sound bad, though it would work
If you distort the thing it will not even be usable for most stuff.

I think digitech and roland make stuff like what you had in mind, but I think they're much over your budget.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Go to GC's used site and type in Jamman. They have an original Jamman that has both inputs for $100. As mentioned vocals will sound much better through a PA or even a Keyboard amp. If you are using a multifx then you are all set to do that.

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

This is what the model I'm referring to looks like....

A guitar and a mic at the same time? I know one of the DigiTech JamMan models has a dedicated instrument and vocal input, but I'm not sure if both can be used simultaneously. Additionally, like Spambot said, I don't think you should, unless you have an amp that is voiced for vocals in mind (e.g. a lot of acoustic-electric amps, but not any electric amp I've ever encountered).
The Jamman I suggested records both at the same time. Independent level control for each input.
Quote by fly135
The Jamman I suggested records both at the same time. Independent level control for each input.

We suggested the same thing. I had to do some digging to find something that would fit his criteria and in the interim, you said exactly what I was trying to say.
Can I just check something?

If you're talking about looping vocals as well as guitars, that sounds to me like you're going to be doing songs. If you're doing songs, the chances are verses will be different, you'll need to include bridges & choruses, and all sorts of other stuff.

If that's the case, perhaps you'd be better off with some actual recording equipment, either a multitracker or PC interface.

If I'm right, go to the Recordings forum & read the stickied threads.

If I'm wrong, feel free to ignore me.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The boss rc 30 has xlr input for a mic. Dunno what the used price is. 200 pounds brand new
hey guys, thanks so much for all the reply's was amazed by the quick response, For those asking about amps, i will have it hooked to a acoustic guitar amp with my martin lxme. the looper i have been looking at is the digitech jamman express xt/solo xt/boss rc3, it has two 1/4 mono in and output. i am able to go at max to about $200 (aud). I do have a keyboard with a built in amp but its not great quality. another dumb question, if guitars cord is trs and i convert an xlr to trs could i plug them each into a mono port(or convert trs-->ts).
I'm fine with not overdubbing vocals and guitar at the same time, would like to not change input cords every overdub.+ what mini pa system/boards would you sugest

if you read this much thank you so much. thanks again for all the replies guys
Last edited by isaacsbate98 at Jul 30, 2014,
Quote by isaacsbate98
if guitars cord is trs and i convert an xlr to trs could i plug them each into a mono port(or convert trs-->ts).
Jacks used for guitars are TS.
Plugging a TRS jack in lotsa pedals would result in them not powering up by battery.
TRS to TS converters are useless most of the time.

I reckon the thing would work by simply getting an female XLR to male TRS cable and plugging the TRS end in the looper.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Spambot_2, if i guitars use ts, could and i use a looper that has two mono input and out puts, could i convert a mic xlr to ts, by putting a guitar into one mono port and a mic into the other would it power them???
thanks

I'm pretty sure the looper is powered by battery, but will be using a the 9v ac power, would this go damage equipment if i had a mic and electro-acoustic guitar running into the looper.
Last edited by isaacsbate98 at Jul 30, 2014,
Quote by isaacsbate98
Spambot_2, if i guitars use ts, could and i use a looper that has two mono input and out puts, could i convert a mic xlr to ts, by putting a guitar into one mono port and a mic into the other would it power them???
thanks

I'm pretty sure the looper is powered by battery, but will be using a the 9v ac power, would this go damage equipment if i had a mic and electro-acoustic guitar running into the looper.
The powering up thing isn't a matter of what you plug into the pedal, it's a matter of how pedals decide when to drain energy from the battery - most pedals drain current from the battery only when the input jack shield is shorted with its ring (see whatever TRS jack pinout), and that happens when you plug a TS jack into the input.

I don't really know how the pedals you're looking at would work though, so this might not apply to them.

You'll not damage that pedal with current unless you use the wrong power supply and you send too much current in it.

You could try using an XLR to TRS adapter for the mic and the whole thing would probably work if you can power up the pedal - maybe it'll power up as soon as you plug a TS jack into the left input, I don't really know, and again mind that this thing might not apply to whatever pedal you're looking at, so an XLR to TRS adapter may work just as well as an XLR to TS adapter in this case.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola