Hey people. I have a Fender Mustang ii amp with an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff distortion pedal and a B.C. Rich Warbeast for guitar. I don't know if I need to use a certain volume for my amp, pedal, or guitar but every combination I know doesn't effect the sound at all. I know it's not the plug because the static is still there no matter what outlet I plug the amp and pedal into. The static is still there even when the Metal Muff pedal isn't hooked up so I know that's not the problem. Any help would be awesome, thank you! ^^
Last edited by Marihem at Jul 29, 2014,
Sounds like a blown amp and/or speaker. With those Mustang modeling amps, it could even be a digital problem with its computers. Just to be clear, you're saying that the amp just makes static noise, all the time, no matter what setting you're on, what sound you're using, whether or not the Metal Muff is plugged in, or anything else? It's just static, and you can't even get the regular guitar tones out of it? If that's the case, it's certainly something blown or disconnected. Hopefully just a blown connection, that can fixed with a quick solder job. If it's still under warranty, take it to wherever you got it. If it's not under warranty, or you got it used, and you don't know how to open it up and check that stuff yourself, take it to a repair guy.