I've been working on this new song for a while now.

I'm trying to work out how to write the melody out (in terms of which not when) but am struggling.

If I make a recording of it on soundcloud and post a link, can someone try and tab it ? I'm sure it's simple I'm jus struggling

Thanks
Quote by flaaash
I've been working on this new song for a while now.

I'm trying to work out how to write the melody out (in terms of which not when) but am struggling.

If I make a recording of it on soundcloud and post a link, can someone try and tab it ? I'm sure it's simple I'm jus struggling

Thanks

I don't get how you could play it, but not be able to tab it. Do you know how to read tab?
I mean I can sing it - but not sure how to 'pick' the melody on the guitar (note by note)
Quote by flaaash
I mean I can sing it - but not sure how to 'pick' the melody on the guitar (note by note)

oh, so you wrote a song vocally, and you just can't find the notes on the guitar.

Maybe someone will help you, but I also suggest to just keep trying. struggling through stuff is part of learning. You'll get more out of it that way.

Also, as I've said before, more experience in general will make songwriting alot easier. A person that could play a bunch of songs, and solos by ear, could do what your asking. Learning about scales and keys (and how to play them on your guitar), would make a big difference as well.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 29, 2014,
1 - Tune your guitar online

2 - Sing the first note of the melody

3- pick notes on the guitar until you find it

4 - repeat those steps for every note
Quote by macashmack
1 - Tune your guitar online

2 - Sing the first note of the melody

3- pick notes on the guitar until you find it

4 - repeat those steps for every note

it is that simple..but I understand that can still be a challenge .. if you have access to a piano/keyboard you may find the melody notes easier .. the guitar is like a mini "twisted" piano and the logic of finding a melody note - for some - takes a bit of work..but many have found finding a melody on a keyboard much easier
an automatic guitar tuner could help you out. sing the melody and the tuner will tell you what the notes are. The tuners that you can download to your smartphone from the app store or play store work best for this
Quote by Victorgeiger
an automatic guitar tuner could help you out. sing the melody and the tuner will tell you what the notes are. The tuners that you can download to your smartphone from the app store or play store work best for this

Don't do this. While it will give you the notes you want, in the long run you want to be able to do it from your head and this will not be as good as just figuring it out for yourself.