I have recently gotten serious about learning to sweep, I was wondering what to do about muting a sweep that requires you to play the same fret on 2 different strings. For example , the 7th fret on the 1st string and the 7th fret on the 2nd string. what part of my right hand should I use to mute the strings?
I've always been awful at explaining how right hand muting is done, but for those particular sweeps where you play the same fret (also known as rolling), i'd say your left hand technique is more important here. Getting that rolling motion clean can be very very difficult and takes A LOT of practice
Quote by vayne92
I've always been awful at explaining how right hand muting is done, but for those particular sweeps where you play the same fret (also known as rolling), i'd say your left hand technique is more important here. Getting that rolling motion clean can be very very difficult and takes A LOT of practice

or you could just lightly palm mute the entire arpeggio
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone