ok im really confused...I really need input from someone, anyone. Ive never been in a band before...ive only auditioned for what seems like scams and once for a generic 'cover band.' I'm a pretty talented singer- most people who hear me tell me im amazing etc...what I mean is I am good. I recently met someone to do acoustic gigs with...because I have little experience I go by the input of those who have more experience. we did a practice session and it was really good..imo. yes he did say once or twice...I sounded good, but other than that..he had NO emotion about anything, no input. I did one song and to me it sounded phenomenal- immediately he put that song away which confused me. im thinking, ok why did you put it away? it was weird...he didn't say it sounded great but acted like ok let's do something else. I found it odd that it sounded so good and he didn't care. he's also meeting up with 'other singers' off and on...to try to find a singer though he's already working with one and now with me. is this a scam of some sorts? we agreed to go play some venues soon open mics etc.

but someone not showing ANY emotion to someone he's playing with, or giving any input...is that normal? is he maybe looking for something else? is he just being weird? I can't tell...im confused...I told him he sounded good several times..and said we sounded good...but he didn't say much...my head is spinning from all of it...if something sounds good...I get excited about it...but for someone to put something away and act like...the way he did was strange...I kept asking him if he thought it sounded good and he didn't say much...again that was weird...is he messing with me? he also had me accidentally hear the singer he was working with to almost rub in my face...she was good imo..but I do think im a little better...im just confused as to what's going on...also before I started I was a bit nervous thinking...my voice feels weird, what if I don't sound good...but honestly I surprised myself at how GOOD I sounded..and how good I was playing different songs I had never even heard...I was shocked I could even sound as good as I did...so it was weird that the person was acting weird and strange--he was just acting iffy and weird...should I not care how he's acting...Im just confused...he did say that I sounded like some famous singer...but he seemed so wishy washy and strange...
Last edited by lesliejones345 at Jul 29, 2014,
Well he could have been a shy person. I never really showed any emotion when i played with a stranger for the first time. Its hard for some people to open in front of strangers. And you cant fault him for trying out different people, since he wants to find the best possible fit. And not only musicaly, but also a good character fit. You might have come of as cocky or pushy when you kept buging him about how it sounds.

The other option is, that you sucked. I dont have any idea how you sing, but considering how many times you say you are awesome and good, you could be one of those people you see on american idol that are crap but thing they have a larynx of gold. Post a clip and we can judge.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by lesliejones345
ok im really confused...I really need input from someone, anyone. Ive never been in a band before...ive only auditioned for what seems like scams and once for a generic 'cover band.' I'm a pretty talented singer- most people who hear me tell me im amazing etc...what I mean is I am good. I recently met someone to do acoustic gigs with...because I have little experience I go by the input of those who have more experience. we did a practice session and it was really good..imo. yes he did say once or twice...I sounded good, but other than that..he had NO emotion about anything, no input. I did one song and to me it sounded phenomenal- immediately he put that song away which confused me. im thinking, ok why did you put it away? it was weird...he didn't say it sounded great but acted like ok let's do something else. I found it odd that it sounded so good and he didn't care. he's also meeting up with 'other singers' off and on...to try to find a singer though he's already working with one and now with me. is this a scam of some sorts? we agreed to go play some venues soon open mics etc.

but someone not showing ANY emotion to someone he's playing with, or giving any input...is that normal? is he maybe looking for something else? is he just being weird? I can't tell...im confused...I told him he sounded good several times..and said we sounded good...but he didn't say much...my head is spinning from all of it...if something sounds good...I get excited about it...but for someone to put something away and act like...the way he did was strange...I kept asking him if he thought it sounded good and he didn't say much...again that was weird...is he messing with me? he also had me accidentally hear the singer he was working with to almost rub in my face...she was good imo..but I do think im a little better...im just confused as to what's going on...also before I started I was a bit nervous thinking...my voice feels weird, what if I don't sound good...but honestly I surprised myself at how GOOD I sounded..and how good I was playing different songs I had never even heard...I was shocked I could even sound as good as I did...so it was weird that the person was acting weird and strange--he was just acting iffy and weird...should I not care how he's acting...Im just confused...he did say that I sounded like some famous singer...but he seemed so wishy washy and strange...

It maybe of his characteristic. Just give him of sometime to get used. I actually don't working too well with someone if he or she doesn't really talk much. Of course we need an input from other member to know if our playing is good or not.