Hi !

Here is something for the tone maniacs. The image below describes the differences and uses of some types of woods:

It's interesting to compare the internal structure of different woods, and try to understand how it affects the tone.
Here is the comparison between Alder and Mahogany near to rulers:

The pores in the Mahogany are + or - 0,3mm in size. The pores in the Alder are much smaller.

The amount of low-end a wood produces, is not related with it's density or color. It's related with patterns inside the wood. Just to remind: Fat tone doesn't necessarily mean warm tone, because some woods have good low-end AND good high-end.
Trypophobia is ****ing with me.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Helloween 66

The amount of low-end a wood produces, is not related with it's density or color.

Who the hell came up with the idea that color would affect the tone? How? Electromagnetic interference?
Quote by guitar/bass95
Who the hell came up with the idea that color would affect the tone?

I know it's weird, but some people believe...
Quote by Helloween 66
I know it's weird, but some people believe...

Some people believe the color of the finish and the brand of the batteries in their pedals affect tone.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone