I'm running Windows 7 and recently updated Guitar Pro 6 and now it crashes when I open some tabs and has this annoying ass "Font Missing" writing all over the music bars. Arobas has been no frikin help, anyone have a fix?
Last edited by therapture at Jul 30, 2014,
I've lost fonts in the past as well, and I know how frustrating it could be.

Did you try retracing your steps?
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by therapture
Hahaha, I guess I'm on my own then. Funny shit for sure guys.

You seem a bit uptight, you should learn some jazz. It'll loosen you up.
Know some jazz brah, your answer still didn't help me though and that's kinda why I posted this topic.
you should fix your guitar pro
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Have you installed the GP font on your system?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jul 30, 2014,
Quote by therapture
Know some jazz brah, your answer still didn't help me though and that's kinda why I posted this topic.

Then the only option left is to learn fusion
Quote by fLYinGV23
Then the only option left is to learn fusion

I guess so! How do I install the GP Font files? I'm kinda a dope when in comes to computers.
Quote by therapture
I guess so! How do I install the GP Font files? I'm kinda a dope when in comes to computers.

-COMMENT REMOVED-

Delete everything that has to do with guitar port, reinstall, update all the drivers. Realize you've made a mistake trying this on Windows 7, because as far as I know they stopped updates at Vista. They don't even sell new Guitar Ports around here. Shame, considering it was a big boost to my learning when I started. That was on Windows XP.
Quote by therapture

fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp">fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp">https://www.google.com/search?q=install+fonts+windows+7&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

You can try removing the files :

C:\ProgramData\Guitar Pro 6\GuitarPro.dat
and
C:\Users\(yourname)\AppData\Roaming\Guitar Pro 6\GuitarPro.dat

and restarting the program as well.

I'll assume since you've been in contact with Arobas you've already tried the Guitar Pro Cleaner?

The guitar pro 5 font file is readily available on the 'net, but I'll have to check my installation of GP6 to see which font files it specifically uses.
Charles Darwin
GP 5.2 is where it is at brah.. try downgrading?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by midi pure
GP 5.2 is where it is at brah.. try downgrading?

I use both, and 5.2 is simpler and more direct, but there's a massive amount of things that 6 can do that 5.2 cannot and if you need/want those things it's worth it to learn the new version.

I also use Tuxguitar as a portable solution, and it's simpler and more direct than even 5.2
Charles Darwin
It works: (thanks Arby911)

Delete:

C:\ProgramData\Guitar Pro 6\GuitarPro.dat
and
C:\Users\(yourname)\AppData\Roaming\Guitar Pro 6\GuitarPro.dat

(Or C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\Application Data\Guitar Pro 6\GuitarPro.dat
and
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Guitar Pro 6\GuitarPro.dat
on Windows XP)