Hi!

I've just recieved new NightTrain http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NT15HG2/ which lack for any head phones outputs- just t separate chanel with 8 and 16 oM impedance.

1) Will it be possible in principle to connect some headphones (now I have only AKG K495 with 26 oM impedance) to this AMP? What in this case impedance of the output chanell tell us about?

2) What cabinet will be better for him?

Best,

James
Nope. Don't hook your headphones up to the speaker output, those are made for speakers. Look for the matching cabinet, I guess.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
What not very expensive cabinet could you recomend assuming that I'm using Gibson Les Paul with clean sound ?
The Benton cabinets aren't that good, but they have great speakers, authentic celestion vintages.

The laney IRT is more of a metal oriented cab if I'm correct, it's supposed to pair with the Ironheart amp, which is meant for modern metal. I have no idea about the palmer.
Again, I don't really know anything about the palmer, so you should wait for other opinions as well And yes, I think that the Benton cab can handle those genres.
Don't go for an Ironheart if you want vintage tones. That's just silly. The Night Train is fine for quiet classic tones. Just go for the Harley Benton.
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
Amps have volume knobs for a reason. You should be able to play whisper quiet with the Night Train.

The Ironheart is made for modern metal, not classic rock. Those Bugeras you listed are also modern-voiced, not to mention Bugera has awful quality control.

If you want to play through headphones, don't get a tube amp. I'd recommend an Avid Eleven Rack for that task & for the tones you're going for.
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
Thanks!

And what is about Marshals and Jet City?

Also I'd be thankfull if you provide me with the some examples of AMPs from thomas shop with the vintage hot song which will be good alternatives to the Night Train. It seem's for me that VOX amps are allitle expensive doesn't it?

Thanks,

James
Last edited by James Starlight at Aug 1, 2014,
I wouldn't recommend any Jet City for what you want, and it depends on what Marshall you're considering. A DSL could work for what you want to do.
YouTube

Facebook
Twitter
I wouldn't say the laney IRT to be designed for modern metal, really.
5150's and powerball's are designed for modern metal if ya ask me.

A jet city might work, yes.

A marshall might do, depening on the model as already stated.
I'd take a used jcm800 combo or similar over a DSL for that stuff though.
Or a class 5, the new ones have a 1/4w power switch so you can get power tube distortion at high but not that high volumes.
Quote by guitar/bass95
It's a 10 inch speaker, so even if it might be enough, it doesn't have the same quality as a 12 inch.
This is plain wrong.
Where in the world did you get the idea that 12" speakers are plain better than 10" ones?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.