Hello

I bought a Boss HM-2. I know it's working on 12V adapter, and I had read, that have a modification for 9V adapter. Many people had make the mod. I just not understand why...These adapters are some special adapters or why? I have adapter, what can I set on 9V, 12V etc. With this can work my boss pedal? Or I must buy original boss aca adapter?
And the guy who sold me the pedal, he said, after all these years, he had only change this thing http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140730/aca01_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg .
And now the "pin" in this thing is thinner. Can this impact on voltage?
Sorry for bad english
12v adapters are a pain in the ass because you can't get 12v in a typical daisy chain. Even a lot of iso PSUs don't supply 12v
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Boss is just trying to sell you their adapter. If you have an adapter that does 12V and the HM-2 is 12V you can use it.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Boss HM-2 will work in a 9v daisy chain. Otherwise buy a decent power supply ie CIOKS DC-10
Yeah. My HM-2s worked fine with a 9V one spot daisy chain. But with a single power supply by itself it sounded like shit. I actually can't remember why it's like that, but it's not a huge deal. Any 12V will be fine, or just daisy chain it, like 7thString said.
I've noticed using a generic adapter gives the signal noise compared to a battery. That's never good.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline