I have an american and a british deluxe reverb at my house. Since I live in a country which uses british style electrical jacks, I use the british reverb naturally. However theres a problem. The American one is the limited edition model and I really want to use it instead of the normal one I'm using. My question is. Is it possible to remove the electronics in the normal one and swap them with the ones in the limited edition one? Thus putting british style electronics in it?
Quote by nasserliverpool
I have an american and a british deluxe reverb at my house. Since I live in a country which uses british style electrical jacks, I use the british reverb naturally. However theres a problem. The American one is the limited edition model and I really want to use it instead of the normal one I'm using. My question is. Is it possible to remove the electronics in the normal one and swap them with the ones in the limited edition one? Thus putting british style electronics in it?

i believe you have two choices:

1) convert the amp's electronics. i believe this has to do with the power transformer and the power cord. you'd probably want a shop to do that for ya if you aren't electronics savvy

2) buy an external transformer. there are external units that can convert the 220/240 out the wall into 110/120. i have heard mixed reviews about these transformers, but it should work.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by nasserliverpool
Couldn't I just switch the electronics like for like?

i am sure you could if you know all the electronics that need to be switched (that is why i'd have an amp tech do it). this would pretty much just fall under option 1 listed above.

edit: i guess i am a little unsure as to your aims are. do you want to use the american version because of it's aesthetic looks? are you just looking to switch amp's speaker enclosure? as long as the chassis are the same size and the screws holes are in the same place then you can switch out the entire amp chassis between the two.

my advice was geared more toward converting the amplifier to 240V.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 30, 2014,
Do you mean just pulling the chassis and putting it in the cab from the limited edition? Should work, I doubt the dimensions are different.
yeah I'm guessing the only difference between the amps is the cab aesthetics and the type of speaker. Fairly sure you can just switch the chassis from the UK one into the fancy USA one.
Yep, just slide out the chassis being careful not to kill yourself by touching stuff and make the swap. Personally I would try a transformer first. They are not very expensive and it keeps the amps original.

http://invertersupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=182&cPath=0_61&gclid=CPm07ObQ7r8CFc1_MgodcGwAiQ
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY