Okay so I have a cheap, $200 off brand 6 string electric guitar (only been playing for half a year) and I play about all genres of rock/metal but mostly metalcore. The guitar overall isn't that bad except it has a little high action and of course it has a lower quality sound. I play a lot of drop c and my string gauges are .10-.50, they were great for about 5 months but lately when I go back into drop c the low e feels really loose (yes i do clean and care for my strings, just don't let them get rusty). Is it just cuz I need new strings or is it just the guitar? Also if I need to get new strings what gauge should I get? I was looking at some that were .13-.56. (Cuz I was thinking about tuning lower into B)
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."- Bob Marley
its all about how you like them to play.

If you want tension then get heavy strings.
if you want easy bends get lighter guages.

however to answer you question.

13s might be a bit heavy is you are used to playing 10s. maybe go for 11s or 12s. have a look in to light tops-heavy bottoms. you might have to get singles though.

dunlop do a 12-54 set with thicker cores which helps tension when dropping the tuning.

also you will have to adjust the truss if you are going that low.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by loki_lulamen
its all about how you like them to play.

If you want tension then get heavy strings.
if you want easy bends get lighter guages.

however to answer you question.

13s might be a bit heavy is you are used to playing 10s. maybe go for 11s or 12s. have a look in to light tops-heavy bottoms. you might have to get singles though.

dunlop do a 12-54 set with thicker cores which helps tension when dropping the tuning.

also you will have to adjust the truss if you are going that low.

TS, pay attention to the above, excepting the bolded. Truss rod settings are solely dependent on tension, so until you settle on what string gauge you're going to use and what tuning, there's no way of knowing if a truss rod adjustment will be necessary or not.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Yeah, look how they play, try some different string sets.
for drop b i'd put 13's on my guitar, but i like them heavy, you just need to male sure it feels right in your hand, that you think they sound and play nice.
5 months on a set of strings? if you play alot i suggest re stringing anyways... i use ghs boomers 13-60 set for drop c
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.