Hi guys!
Everythings in the title, thats the first time I buy pickups, just ordered this bridge one from the net, and i was SO lost in all these review, what to use with it? sh1 59' ?
I like to play songs like Van halen, rock / metal , if theres pro pickups guys here plz give me a hand
Thank you, (btw sorry for the mispelling, im french ..! )
I dislike the SH8 a lot,it is very bassy and muddy in most guitars. The only guitar I have ever liked with it stock is the old Tom Delonge Strat and that is it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Maxifruit
Hi guys!
Everythings in the title, thats the first time I buy pickups, just ordered this bridge one from the net, and i was SO lost in all these review, what to use with it? sh1 59' ?
I like to play songs like Van halen, rock / metal , if theres pro pickups guys here plz give me a hand
Thank you, (btw sorry for the mispelling, im french ..! )

The Sh-2 (Jazz) is popular as a neck pickup, it is very bright and relatively mud-free as humbuckers go. I have two sets (neck and bridge) of them in use in two entirely different kinds of guitars. In a dark sounding guitar they will liven it up, in a brighter guitar they sound bright and complex.
so even if it was made for jazz, it can work well for metal?
Thanks for that nice reply.
Max.
Quote by Maxifruit
so even if it was made for jazz, it can work well for metal?
Thanks for that nice reply.
Max.

I can't really answer that, not being a metal player, but at least one guitar of that style uses it as standard. - An Esp mentioned in a recent thread in one of these electric fora.
I have a SH8 in a warlock. while it's really good really dirty, it's not something to tune below D with. Lower than D and like said before, it's really muddy and almost discernable the first 3 frets. That being said, with whatever the stock neck pickup is, in middle position there's harmonics going on like crazy. I really want to try an invader neck pickup to see if it's as intense. Just my $.02
Yeah, I'd recommend the jazz model as well. It sounds really nice clean, and it holds it own when distorted for metal. Be careful though, it is a lower output than the sh-8, so your bridge pickup will be louder than your neck pickup, unless you'd find a way to balance the output. I have the sh-6 paired with the jazz and that is a very nice combination.