I play through jam-up almost exclusively because i've been having issues with my amp for a while. I was getting some feedback and noticed that the cable wasn't completely in the jack (as in there was maybe an 1/8th of an inch that was visible). When I pushed it in all the way the noise was gone. i removed the jack plate and pulled it out a bit just to see if anything needed to be tightened or anything. Didn't see anything so i put it back in. It now gives a very high pitched feed back but pulses.

Guitar is a schecter hellraiser w/ emg 81/89. The noise happens with the volume on and off on both pickups and tone knob or pick up selector doesn't effect it.

Any thoughts?
Quote by andrerist
I play through jam-up almost exclusively because i've been having issues with my amp for a while. I was getting some feedback and noticed that the cable wasn't completely in the jack (as in there was maybe an 1/8th of an inch that was visible). When I pushed it in all the way the noise was gone. i removed the jack plate and pulled it out a bit just to see if anything needed to be tightened or anything.
That was from the amp or from the guitar?

Well in any case, I'd start by re-soldering the jack to what it's supposed to be connected to.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
That was from the amp or from the guitar?

Well in any case, I'd start by re-soldering the jack to what it's supposed to be connected to.

I am playing through jam-up so I'd assume its the guitar. I don't have my other guitar with me right now to check but I'm willing to guarantee its the guitar.
I meant to ask if you removed the jack from the amp or the guitar

Well in this case you probably just gotta solder the output jack properly, or maybe even change it to something of better quality, but I'm guessing that's only it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.