Are these pedals worth a try? Thinking 6 band eq and one of the delay or
reverbs. Metal and Les Paul's mainly played.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
I think they are made by Harley Benton, so I'll leave that to you to decide.

Overall though, I've heard good things (especially for the price) and I'm considering adding the compressor pedal to my board.
Joyo gets a lot of praise around here for sure. I haven't tried them, I know that Harley Benton isn't the most reliable manufacturer, but it has its gems, and I've heard that Joyos are one of them.
i believe the analogue delay is based on a Carbon copy

and the 6 band is obviously based on the MXR eq, however i have always found that cheap EQ pedals are extremely noisey. so i would just for out for the MXR one.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Yep, I've heard good things about them, but also bad things (as guitar/bass95 or TK states).

I would like to try them, but I tend to go for the pedals that get more recommended and are unfortunately more expensive too. I like Flashback X4 for versatility of my delays and I get to have three of them from one pedal unit.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

They sound OK, but a lot of people here talk about reliability. I have never used a JOYO or HB pedal so I'm going on what some respected members here have said.

I do know that the GFS pedals are pretty solid and sound nice and they are $50ish each new.

The only thing that turns me off on the JOYO 6 band is there is no level adjustment.

Personally when I want cheap but good FX, I buy what I want used from www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
I bought my Morley Bad Horsie 2 for $65 and my MXR Smart Gate for $55. So you can get some nice deals.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 1, 2014,
My joyo JF-35 pedal looks hella reliable actually.
Very solid and fairly thick metal case, doesn't have any problem when powered with 12v instead of 9v, doesn't break when accidentally reversing the polarity of the power input...

Also sounds pretty ****in' good considering the $35 it cost me.

Also Joyo and Harley Benton are only brands that people put over the cases, the pedals actually come from who knows what chinese company.

The guitars branded harley benton though come from Saein, which also makes guitars for ibanez, epiphone and peavey.

My joyo though is one of the more recent ones, and the old ones (with the more rectangular-ish boxes) are the ones people complain about for the reliability usually.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The RM-100 has a line level loop, guys.
Can these pedals handle a line level loop?

With the EQ, don't cheap out. Get the MXR 10 band. They have a gain knob and a volume control so you should be able to dial it in for the RM-100. If the Joyos have no input trim, don't touch it.
I haven't used either, I'm just explaining the electrical reality of what you're dealing with there.

The delay? No idea but I'd be surprised if it can handle a line level input without clipping.

These things exist:
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/s.t.e.p.-pedal.html
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Oh, I didn't pay any attention to the loop type. The Joyo delay only has a mix knob, which doesn't really qualify as a proper input control.
Have you concidered going used? You'd be supprised at whar you can get used cheap.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Thanks guys new to using a loop would a line6 m5 be a good option
in the loop as I want to explore different effects now that my main clean/distortion
has its base. Used is fine. Budget 300+ USD.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Not sure. The RM-100 seems pretty hot and there's no input control per se on the M5 afaik. I'd want to try it first before laying down the cash.
Surely there's somebody that's plugged an M5 into a line level loop? All you Jet City guys perhaps?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The RM-100 has a line level loop, guys.
Can these pedals handle a line level loop?
Mine can.
You loose a fair bit of highs though
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Mine has a parallel and series loop whatever this means if that helps any.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by Cathbard
Not sure. The RM-100 seems pretty hot and there's no input control per se on the M5 afaik. I'd want to try it first before laying down the cash.
Surely there's somebody that's plugged an M5 into a line level loop? All you Jet City guys perhaps?

i haven't even used the loop in my jet city
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wanting to possibly make this purchase today and have no way to try before buy. Anyone?
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by RJH11
Mine has a parallel and series loop whatever this means if that helps any.
That's not the issue. They're +4dB loops. You're looking at 14dB more than what a stompbox normally likes to see. It's designed for pro rack units, it isn't designed for stompboxes.
That's why Jaded Faith make that STEP pedal, it buffers the loop down to pedal levels.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Right on now I understand so loops useless without a rack? How about running it up front?
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Don't know if this helps but I have like 6 Joyo pedals and all seam fine except the "d-seed" delay....it hums in the loop of my tube amps
Anyone one with line6 m pedal experience?
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by Cathbard
That's not the issue. They're +4dB loops. You're looking at 14dB more than what a stompbox normally likes to see.
No, wait, if you're talking about the difference between -10dBV and +4dBu
1. the difference is not 14dB, it's around 11.8dB
2. it's still line level, the problem is the impedance more than the level
Quote by RJH11
Right on now I understand so loops useless without a rack?
Not at all.

What cath said ('cause he has that amp and he wants to sound cool ) is that line level fx loops, such as the one on the RM100, are designed for pro rack fx processors.

fx loops though are usually around instrument level, so to work with your everyday pedals.

Also the pedal he showed, while greatly overpriced considering what it does, would be the solution to your problem - with that you could use your everyday pedals with your line level fx loop.

If your curious about what line level is just look it up on wikipedia.
Quote by RJH11
How about running it up front?
Yes you may do that, though the effect before the input would be affected by the amp's signal processing.
In short, for example, if you're getting distortion from your amp and you put a reverb in front of the amp, you'd get a distorted reverb.

If I were you I'd look for pedals that work with line level signals.
Here are a compatibility list, and remember google's your friend and works:
http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1615
Quote by teamscorpions
Don't know if this helps but I have like 6 Joyo pedals and all seam fine except the "d-seed" delay....it hums in the loop of my tube amps
This may help.
What amps do you have?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Aug 1, 2014,
Rm100
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Not you, teamscorpions, who said he has no problems with his amps and joyo pedals in the fx loop.

Probably not, but maybe he has amps with line level fx loops, so if the things work for him they will likely work for you as well.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by RJH11
Anyone one with line6 m pedal experience?

I have tried the M5, but never with the randall. Lots of great sounding FX if it will work for you. Email Randall and L6 and see if they would recommend it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
my amps are Peavey Windsor and 6505+.....but the pedal also done the same thing in my friends Crate V100...all my other Joyo pedals seam to work good(dont use them that much except for the compressor)
They RM100s effects loop is a fickle thing. A lot of people have had problems making it play nice with stompboxes. My pedals aren't useable in my loop, whether this is due to a defect or the actual design, I don't know
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Thanks for the input guys
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Contacted Randall the Line6 M5 will work fine at line level in the loop
I'm giving it a go.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
14, 12, close enough. Too high, regardless.
There are a few amps that have line level loops. That's actually what they were originally invented for. They started back in the 80's when lots of people were trying to use professional rack effects on stage but weren't getting a hot enough signal into them to work properly. You had to wind up the input gain on the FX unit which created a lot of noise.
It was a fair bit later that people realised that many effects actually work better after the preamp and started trying to run their stompboxes in the loop as well but were having trouble with clipping so many (most) manufacturers started putting instrument level loops in their amps. The RM100 has an 80's style line level loop, as do the Jet Cities and several others.
If you want to use stompboxes in there get one of those STEP pedals I showed you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah passing on the M5 I only use delay/reverb so I'm going to use some of the ones that are line level
then if needed grab the step pedal down the road. Thanks for all the help.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals