Can you help me rediscover some of the classic "dad rock" bands and songs? I know it's objective to what your dad listened to, but I was thinking bands like Daddy Cool, CCR, Dr.Hook, Bachmann-Turner Overdrive, Ram Jam, George Thorogood, Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs, etc.
Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, the Zombies, Jethro Tull, MC5, Ten Years After, the Flying Burrito Brothers (if you don't mind some country rock), the Edgar Winter Group, and of course the single most dad rockiest dad rock band in the history of dad rock, the Steve Miller Band.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Dude! MC5 Definitely. They will blow your ass through the wall. Supertramp is good if you like progressive stuff.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
My dad loved Triumph, Yes, Genesis and other things of that nature
Quote by GmacD
pull down his pants, his dick is probly the size of a newborn moose

Quote by Union Jake
Found this quite funny.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Found this quite SEARCH BAR
Supertramp,
Boston,
The Guess Who,
The Doors,
CCR,
Pink Floyd,
Aerosmith,
Deep Purple
Led Zep
Acdc
Cream
Van Halen
Dire Straights
Steely Dan
Skynard
Neil young
Fleetwood mac
Black Sabath
Blue oyster cult
Foreigner
Meatloaf
Kansas
The cars
Rush
Three Dog Night
The Who
Iron Maiden
Guns n Roses
Thin Lizzy
Queen
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Aug 1, 2014,
Bad Company, the Doobie Brothers, the Eagles and of course the Beatles and Stones.
My dad was always huge into UFO, Black Crowes, Kiss (how these guys werent mentioned immediately is beyond me), Alice Cooper, Boston, Judas Priest (more on the metal side), Motley Crue, a few others that are escaping me
My dad's really into Steppenwolf. He really likes their Monster album, which not too many people talk about. It's worth looking into if you're into protest songs.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Allman Brothers or Johnny Winter.
My dad got me addicted to Rush when I was in elementary school. For prog, nowadays I prefer early Yes and King Crimson, but Rush remains one of my favorite and most listened to bands.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
I don't want to sound naive but where does one download songs that are featured on the UG but are not available on iTunes or Amazon. I've heard great stuff from David Johansen, Creatures of the Golden Dawn, Demolition 23, etc but can't find it anywhere.