Just finished painting my guitar and its been drying over night and i am ready to spray clear lacquer on . How long should i wait before spaying lacqure ?
Depends on the product you used...there is usually a recommended flash time and coat window. It will probably tell you on the website of the brand of product you used. For the paint and clear I use you can start spraying the clear as soon as 20 mins or so after the paint and up until about 24 hours, but that does not mean that is what yours will be.
If you let it dry overnight (assuming you used average paint) let it sit for about 4 days, and then wetsand with ~1000 grit. Make sure to keep all water out of any holes or the wood can swell.

I paint/refinish cars for a career. When we spray lacquer (usually 5-6 coats) it cures for about 10 days. Any time before that the paint will be too soft to wetsand.

How many base coats have you done? Was your base coat lacquer?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by quadracer92
If you let it dry overnight (assuming you used average paint) let it sit for about 4 days, and then wetsand with ~1000 grit. Make sure to keep all water out of any holes or the wood can swell.

I paint/refinish cars for a career. When we spray lacquer (usually 5-6 coats) it cures for about 10 days. Any time before that the paint will be too soft to wetsand.

How many base coats have you done? Was your base coat lacquer?

Yer i used about 3 coats of primer , and painted it black with about 3 coats , I am using all halfords car spray paints and lacquer to finish it .