I first thought i'd buy a Solid-state head, since i already have a cabinet. But that cab is cheap, and not so good sounding (some old ibanez 4x12 cheap model). My head is Bugera 333XL Infinium, i guess i'll sell it, don't really like how it sounds. And it's hard to take into gigs that kind of set.

I have Korg ax3000g as multi-effect, so i'm not necessarily looking for an amp that has huge amount of effects on it. Just some good sounding, and loud enough to take onto gigs. Budget is about 500 - 600 euros. Of course if it good sounding on distortion etc without any added effects, all the better.

We play mainly old metal/rock (Aerosmith, Megadeth etc on covers).

Or should i keep my bugera and buy some 2x12 cab?
The Bugera should be fine for metal tones, but if you want to play older stuff, maybe a Jet City Amp combo? They do some nice hot rod tones, not sure if it's enough for Megadeth though.

Is the Esa in your username a swedish Esa or a Finnish Esa?
what don't you like about the bugera's tone?

how much old metal and old rock do you play (percentage of each, I mean), and could you list a few more bands? aerosmith is fairly vintage-sounding normally, but megadeth is more modern-sounding.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just can't seem to get a good tone out of Bugera. It sounds so muddy, clean sounds are great.
Notes won't ring clearly, no matter what i do. Rhythm parts are just very low noise without any clarity no much how i try to adjust my tone. Even if i lover the bass on EQ, it sounds extremely bad and messy. Lead tones are ok, but not especially good, sufficient.
When playing without korg, bugeras own distortion channel sounds extremely bad, that might be due the poor tubes (i am changing them when i get my pay), but this tone problem has been since i bought bugera about 1,5 year ago.

It might be a problem with my cab as well, since it is cheap. That's why i was wondering some 2x12 instead of combo. Combo-amp would be just easier to move around since we are having gigs every once in a while in small places.
that is strange. i haven't tried the bugera, but i've tried the jsx (which it's based on), and those wouldn't be the words i'd use to describe it. it may well be your speaker cab and/or tubes.

now, the amp might be a bit modern-sounding for what you want anyway, so don't put too much money into it (maybe try to try your amp with a better cab in a store before buying anything).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?