Since Epiphone is a branch of Gibson are the necks on the guitars made with the same measurements as the Gibson?

Also are the necks on the LP standard and SG standard the same on Gibson/Epiphone?

EDIT: I'm asking because I have an EPI LP standard and I love the neck, the problem is the guitar has proved to be too chuby and heavy and I'm thinking on switching to an SG ( be that an epiphone or a gibson doesnt mater), hence the question:
Are epi necks=gibson, and is lp neck=sg neck
Last edited by Arunas at Aug 1, 2014,
No. Epi and Gibson have used and continue to use a fair number of neck profiles, and while some are close you'd need more information on the particular models and years you were looking at.

Gibson necks are hand-finished so they vary a fair amount. They also use a different finish so the neck will feel different even if the dimensions are the same. On top of that, it depends on which Epi you have and what year. Their SG necks used to be thicker (at least on the standard G400) but they changed to a slim taper neck recently.

Gibson has two standard neck profiles, the 50s and the 60s carves. The 60s carve is an average size, similar to the current Epi neck and the 50s carve is significantly fatter but not huge.

• Most Epi Les Pauls have a carve close to the Gibson 60s profile, but they've used several different ones. Depends on the year and the model. If it's a Standard it's probably close to the 60s profile.
  • Epi has changed their SG carve, it used to be thicker but now it's the more standard slim taper/60s carve.
  • Gibson profiles vary from instrument to instrument and by model, so it depends on what you're looking at.
  • In general a Gibson 60s and the 'standard' Epi LP neck and the new SG neck (both "slim taper") are close.

TL;DR: In most cases they're close, depends on the model/year but Epi's current standard and the Gibson 60s carve are very similar.
90% of the todays Epi models have '60s slim-taper' type necks

though it still can vary due to different skills of different employees doing the job