I listen to song and play it in my head like i was listening to it on pc. Is it talent or its what everyone can do?
I believe that's called remembering. Playing on guitar what you hear in your head on the other hand...
This is definitely not a talent, hearing something in your head and being able to then play it on guitar is but just hearing a song in your head is something anyone can do, not just musicians, literally everyone
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
i cant play a song in my head, with the chords, thythm and melody. maybe the first 3 seconds of it but then nope. i can hear melodies but with the harmonies and rhythm and all instruments no way.
Quote by Ignore
i cant play a song in my head, with the chords, thythm and melody. maybe the first 3 seconds of it but then nope. i can hear melodies but with the harmonies and rhythm and all instruments no way.

i see..
Quote by Arron_Zacx
I'm almost afraid to push the "play" button, I might be scarred for life... There's no way to un-see something like that, and it's bound to stay with you for quite while.....ROFLMAO
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 2, 2014,
I think this is a skill like any other...to be developed. This is something I actively practice. Some people may have a natural ability to do this. But I think anyone can do if they are willing to put in the time.
I have a song in my head all the time, whether I want to or not. If it's annoying, it's what psychologists call "ear worms". Songs you can't get out of your head. Try listening to Abba's "Dancing Queen" for a few minutes, and you'll see what I mean.

With songs I know well, I hear all of the instruments and singers.
Yeah it's called audiation.
It's not something uncommon but it's something that can be worked on and developed. Can be useful in developing melodic ideas
Quote by matiss.gutans
I listen to song and play it in my head like i was listening to it on pc. Is it talent or its what everyone can do?

It's not a talent, but it's a great habit if you want to be a musician. Go one step further - compose and jam in your head - that part takes talent.
Some say me playing my guitar with a Big Papa Pickle is a talent. And I seriously have to agree.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Over the years I've actually learnt to block out ear worms and only hear what I want to. They are seriously annoying when you're in middle of composing and trying to meet a deadline.