Hi all, I believe this is my first NPD here, so naturally I'm excited to share. My less than exciting pedal family grew this week, adding two additional members to the chain.

I got this bad fella a couple days ago...

And I received this lil guy today...

Family Photo:

Little back story, I play in a emo/post-hardcore duo. Influenced by Touche Amore, Rescuer, Hundredth, Turnover and Silverstein.

All right, review time...
Full-Drive 2 Mosfet:
My first introduction to this pedal was in a gear video with one of the guitar players from Touche Amore. At that point, I decided I needed to buy an overdrive pedal. I picked a Mooer Green Mile since it's such a small pedal and it was like $89 new. Seemed like a good idea at first, but then I went to Guitar Center two weeks ago and got behind the wheel of one of these Mosfets. Needless to say, I had no choice but to buy one of these suckers.

The Full-Drive 2 Mosfet is a pretty cool overdrive pedal (check out those sparkles!). It has a lot of different tone options as well as a boost switch. I don't have much to compare it to except for my tubescreamer clone, Mooer Green Mile, and honestly, there's almost zero comparison. The Mosfet completely blows that pedal out of the water.

I'm finding the Mosfet to be a relatively dark sounding overdrive (fixed by cranking the tone), but also very thick and vibrant. The Green Mile has an almost metallic sound. It's not very full or warm sounding. When cranked all the way, it covers up way too much sound and sucks the tone. I love the warmth and depth that the Mosfet provides.

The boost switch is a little lackluster in terms of actual boosting. When the knob is cranked, the volume boost is almost indiscernible. Rather than getting actual volume, the boost switch provides more noise and mids. In reality though, this pedal needs no boosting. At 9 o'clock, this thing surpasses bedroom levels.

There are so many sounds available in this pedal. I could use this thing for almost any style of music. On some settings, it could be used merely as a clean boost rather than an overdrive.

One of the guitar players from Touche Amore uses this pedal, which is part of the reason why I bought it. Overall, very flexible, can be very noisy, and I'm very satisfied. It's perfect.

Hall of Fame:
I haven't messed with this one too much. It was pretty cheap because there's velcro on the back and one of the knobs had been replaced. I was originally going to send it back to the eBay seller because the 9V battery connector doesn't work and I only have one 9V power supply.

Well, after plugging it in using my 9V power supply, I gained an immediate attachment to this pedal and I can't let it go. Like the pedal above, this one is very flexible and has almost too many sound options. It sounds fantastic. None of the settings sounded too fake or digital. I'm sure there are better reverbs out there, but for my uses, this thing will be perfect. Also, am I now the owner of a DC Brick. Son of a bitch won me over way too easy. I'm almost ashamed of myself, but at least I have a sick sounding reverb.

Now, I'm sure some of you may wonder why I have two overdrive pedals in my pedalboard. Originally, I thought to get rid of the Green Mile, but after experimenting with the other side of this pedal (aka the "Hot" setting) and this pedal is going to be a slightly gritty clean boost. I was blown away at how thick and warm this thing makes my cleans just by flipping the switch. I didn't mess around with it too much when I got it several months ago as it was my only overdrive at the time and the HRD drive channel leaves A LOT to be desired.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. Both pedals cost me $140. I think I got a good deal.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My Buddy uses the full drive while I use a OCD and a TS9 instead. I found the OCD to be super thick and luscious, but finicky with certain amps. It works wonders on my Triple Rec, and sounds GREAT through a Fender Dual Reverb (the most common backline I use).

I like the OCD better, but both have the same boost issue with a poor volume boost, just gives it more gain and mids. I like the option of having that though. It still cuts through. Nice buys!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Since getting the Green Mile, I've always wondered how it compares to a real tubescreamer like a TS9 or Maxon 808 (or whatever it's called).

The OCD was on my list and I looked into it quite a bit, but I think the Full-Drive 2 is just a little bit more of a beast than the OCD. Plus it's blue and sparkly.

Thanks guys!

Question, what would running the Full-Drive on 18V do?
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Last edited by nick.culliton at Aug 2, 2014,
Quote by nick.culliton

I haven't tried it but I'm guessing more headroom and less compression? Could be wrong.

That's also assuming it's safe to run it on 18V, I don't have the pedal so I'm not saying it definitely is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was thinking definitely more headroom. I'll try when my DC brick gets here. The Full-Drive does support 18V and 9V, so that's pretty cool.
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Last edited by nick.culliton at Aug 2, 2014,
I offered $65 to a guy on eBay trying to sell it for $139.99 (used, mind you) with free shipping, but I only paid $60 because I had a $5 coupon through eBay Mobile.
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by nick.culliton
Since getting the Green Mile, I've always wondered how it compares to a real tubescreamer like a TS9 or Maxon 808 (or whatever it's called).

The OCD was on my list and I looked into it quite a bit, but I think the Full-Drive 2 is just a little bit more of a beast than the OCD. Plus it's blue and sparkly.

Thanks guys!

Gives it more headroom.
I have the FD2 MOSFET (10th Anniversary Edition, I dunno if its any different from yours, internally) and have been running it on 18V for awhile.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 2, 2014,
Quote by nick.culliton
As far as tone, does it change anything?

I have 3 OD's (TS-808, TS9DX, and the FD2), and set them all with different gain levels.
The gain on the FD2 I have highest of the 3.
I think its richer, grittier and more dynamic (YMMV) than it was at 9V.
I use the FD2 way way more than I do the other 2.

God I hate using "buzzwords"
How about I like it better at 18V than 9V?

I run it through an AC30.
Thanks for your response. I plan on trying it once I get the DC Brick.
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Tone knob or the FX Level knob? The previous owner replaced the FX Level knob for whatever reason.
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
HNPD! i love the fulldrive, but i wish you could get boost without the OD. it makes you stack them, but fulldrives are a nice pedal. i wish i would have jumped on one of those instead of my OCD.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/