Poll: How do you deal with insects and spiders in yer home?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you deal with insects and spiders in yer home?
Freak the hell out
11 27%
Destroy the poop out of them
10 24%
Live in peace with them
20 49%
Voters: 41.
People tend to be right frightened when they encounter bugs or spiders. They freak out even worse if they find them in their own home. Certain individuals, not naming names *cough* Hydra150 *cough*, practically set their house on fire when they think one is in their bedroom. I couldn't be farther from that. I live in peace with the creepy-crawlies. If I come across a spider or house millipede, I look down and give a nod, as if to say "'sup".

So, do you shake in terror, destroy the shit out of them, or live in harmony with any insects and spiders that find a way into your home?
Depends. I always get a chill spider in the corner of my room that eats the crane flies and moths, those are chill. Then there's the spiders with thick legs and stuff that I'm like nah, you're dying.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Hell yeah, bro. Spiders are cool.
Bugs are alright.
Roaches are gross though.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
That's not very nice, smiley.

Bugs are one of God's beautiful creatures.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

i let them do as they please. they are my friends. i love them dearly. hop hop hop
i don't know why i feel so dry
Also, house spiders kill cockroaches so it all evens out.
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by stepco12345
Hot Sistercousinland has always been at war with Insectistan.

What about Spiderland?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I hate spiders so those go. I'm especially scared of wolf spiders, brown recluse spiders and black widows. But I destroy all spiders, I don't discriminate.

Flies, wasps, bees, can go.

Rollie pollies, lady bugs, butterflies, moths, grasshoppers, crane flies I dont mind. Stink bugs are annoying so I sweep em up and toss em out. I don't like earwigs either.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by Baby Joel
What about Spiderland?

I don't think anyone could hate / be at war with Spiderland.
Quote by Andrea55
I hate spiders so those go. I'm especially scared of wolf spiders, brown recluse spiders and black widows. But I destroy all spiders, I don't discriminate.

Flies, wasps, bees, can go.

Rollie pollies, lady bugs, butterflies, moths, grasshoppers, crane flies I dont mind. Stink bugs are annoying so I sweep em up and toss em out. I don't like earwigs either.

This.
Quote by captainsnazz
i will actually fight you if you even think about hurting a spider or other living thing
there is no excuse

I intend this to be very offensive
My God, it's full of stars!
I don't mind them as long as they aren't wrecking my stuff.

If you are a moth though, you are getting murdered. Those pricks have ruined too many of my nice cashmere and wool sweaters.

spiders are bros though and I will flip if someone kills one
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Most insects I will kill. Mosquitoes I just let them drain me of my blood because there are just so many that it would be a hassle to try to kill them all, I almost don't even notice them anymore.
I've been learning to live with them. I just prefer them to be outside.
I don't like to cause them suffering even though I've done some terrible things out of fear.
I would advise against spraying a spider with chemicals as well because karma got me pretty good for that.
Spiders know things man...

I do kill mosquitoes though out of instinct.
Last edited by BurgundyGrandAm at Aug 1, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
**** bugs

**** bug sympathizers

God Hates Bugs

no but bugs and things are cool and you're not cool if you don't think they're cool
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i'm significantly less mortally terrified of bugs when i encounter them outside, even when they're at the same proximity from me. something about being in an enclosed space with a bug makes me flip out.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by eGraham
God Hates Bugs

no but bugs and things are cool and you're not cool if you don't think they're cool

Even wasps have been cool with me this year. I've been watching them fly around while going out for smokes.
I've been seeing a lot of cool looking random ones as well.
****ing giant flying roaches in my house can **** off. That's my biggest irrational fear. If they stay outside I am peace with them (though I've had instances outside where I see one and they still ****ing fly at me).

I came home to a roach last night. I killed it and felt guilty. Haven't killed anything in this way in a long time. With other bugs I catch them and let them outside, but I'm not getting anywhere near a roach. I thought about just letting it do its thing, but with roaches that's not an option unless you want a giant infestation. :/ Only my second indoor encounter in this house so I'm pretty sure there will be no serious issues.

Spiders, wasps, and others that people hate are all cool with me, except the few instances where they have bit/stung me. I never kill them.

There's almost always a moth in my house this time of year. Never kill them either, and my clothes are still intact. They tend to end up in my bathroom and live the rest of their short lives in peace.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 1, 2014,
I don't hesitate to kill ants and mosquitoes. Ants cuz they'll eat all my food and mosquitoes cuz they spread dengue fever and it's pretty dumb to just let them bite you. Also fruit flies.

I would like to gently remove the other insects but I'm too scared to go near them so my dad kills them because he's okay with killing stuff. Roaches can **** right off

There's about 8 spiders living in my bathtub now which is perfectly okay because only 2 of them are the big fuzzy kind and I don't use my bathtub anyway.

Not a bug, but I let geckos stick around unless they're in a ******* cabinet.

Snakes can stay but if they're dangerous call someone to remove them.
cat
Quote by guitarxo

Snakes can stay but if they're dangerous call someone to remove them.

I remember that thread.

Geckos are my friends.
Caught a spider in my man cave yesterday. I scooped it up with a cup and threw it outside.

On top of my backyard door are at least 7 huge daddy long legs that catch all the flys, mosquitos, bees, moths, cicadas, and other flying assholes who manage to find a way into my home.

I love spiders. They're fuccking awesome as fucck. Especially daddy long leg spiders because they're harmless and they like a natural bug zapper.

I should get a tattoo of a spider.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My ex-roommate got a tattoo of what was supposed to be a half-duck half-spider.

Needless to say it looks like a big black blob of shit.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I kill black widows, brown recluse, or anything about to harm my food

Really no reason to kill every bug on sight
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Only if they're really detrimental do I kill/remove from the premises. Giant spiders, centi/millipedes and mosquitoes can die or leave (try to just relocate the spiders) but most other things I am cool with. Even though I still feel bad about those because they did not choose to be what they are

This world is to be shared
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by deadsmileyface
**** bugs

**** bug sympathizers

+1
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
no they gotta die
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Usually if its bigger than my thumb then it must die...I only apply to that rule to spiders otherwise I'd be a murderer
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
spiders can get rekt
wasps can get rekt
flies can especially **** off and die. and get rekt
ants can get rekt

aside from that most other things that exist in this country are cool. bumblebees are awesome
Death to all insects and arachnids.
I'm fine with them if i'm outside because there is near-infinite open space around me, but put me in a closed space with them and nope, they're dead.

Most of the time i'm too scared to even kill them though. I always have a fear of my foot coming down to kill a spider, it jumping up onto the bottom of my shoe and climbing around to the top of it before my foot can hit the floor to smash it, then it's on me.

Quote by Nelshizzle
I love spiders. They're fuccking awesome as fucck. Especially daddy long leg spiders because they're harmless and they like a natural bug zapper.

I've been terrified of daddy long legs since I went camping as a kid and woke up to at least 50 of them running around in the tent and even more all over the outside of it.
If you have long legs, or numerous legs, you're getting squashed. Unless you're a jumping spider. Dems cute.

If you are a roach, you're dead.

Can't really think of anything I don't either kill or return to outdoors.

unless yous a jumping spider.

dems cute
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
If it's a spider or any other landborne creature I say live and let live.

Sometimes I enjoy the challenge of trying to rescue it and bring it back outside.

On the other hand, if it's a mosquito or house fly or some annoying insect that buzzes I'm going all out guns blazing and will hunt it down. I guess I'm prejudiced against winged insects