Hey everyone, I've been playing a lot of newer metal. Like nu metal or metalcore or post hardcore or whatever its called. Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, Black Label Society, Godsmack along with a lot of other bands like that.

My main point I'm getting at though is I'm trying to find riffs like the ones in Thunderhorse -Dethklok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPRBOTp19jQ

Basically all of this I want to play. I do play other songs like this but the riff at 0:40 is like the coolest thing. I want riffs like that. Would anyone care to list a few songs that have guitar like this please?
I wish i knew more riffs like that... There's a reason I've listened to this song 821 times on my itunes :P
Thanks for that one. I really love the sound of some of these songs. Go into the Water is another one that sounds awesome. I wish I could write like that.
Check out early In Flames (The Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony are albums you want to check out for that style of riffing). I'm pretty sure Brendon Small was inspired by them.

Also, check out Nightrage. They are heavily inspired by early In Flames.

Basically, you want to check out as many melodic death metal bands as you can .
I basically took the concept at around 1:30 and stuck it into one of my songs. So yeah, lots of great riffage in this song to inspire