Hello,
Since I have pretty low-mid output pickups and I like them in clean or crunch, their output is too low for high gain rhythm and lead with my Marshall JVM 410h. Therefore I want to boost and compress the signal with a tube screamer.
Does anyone have experience with this combination? I saw that arch enemy uses this combination and I love their sound.

My setup: Marshall jvm 410h, Harley Benton 2x12 with vintage 30s amd a Jackson dinky js23.
Do it. Drive/Gain at 0%, Level/Volume at 100%. Experiment from there.

There's an Ola Englund video of him playing an overdrive through a 410 but it's mixed. The amp won't sound like that in the room with you.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I have a Marshall DSL401 and use a Zakk Wylde OD to do the exact same thing. I set gain at like 10 o clock, output at 3 o clock and tone at noon and it works well. It just tightens it up, it gives it a little bit more gain but the main difference for me is the flabby bass is cut right off, the mids come out a bit more and every note/chord is more defined rather than fading together in a muddy mix.

I could probably achieve the same thing if I didn't have a detuned, mahogany guitar playing through a bassy speaker, but I'm not replacing all my kit so I do this instead.
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
yeah that should work. i'll just give the usual advice that there are lots of tubescreamer clones (or clone-ishes) out there, you don't have to pay £180 for the 808 reissue.

also a lot of people like a boss sd1 with a marshall. might also be worth considering if you like a bit more edge to your tone (especially with the smoother v30 speakers).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've had success boosting my JVM with OD pedals. Tightens up the mids and gives the notes a bit more definition.

Although, I have used a Bad Monkey or a Hardwire CM-2 instead of an expensive ibby to do this. Both great, affordable pedals.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
I finally bought the TS9 put it in front of the amp and it sound incredible!! Tight and angry, just the way I like it, very similar to the megadeth tone, love it
there is an obvious downside though, that is more noise. therefore I have to get an ISP decimator because the noise is just crazy.
Thanks for your help
Remember that when you use an overdrive you can use less gain on the amp. Helps with the noise. Also gain from the pedal is not the point so keep it low, even off. Usually people just keep the gain off and level cranked on pedal, minimum pedal distortion and hammering the amp with max force.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
nice

and yeah +1^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
set the pedal drive to zero, tone to about 2 o'clock and level to taste. full up for the most boost.

only use those settings if the amp is already distorted as it'll give you a massive volume boost if the amp is clean and it'll kill your ears.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sweet glad it worked

i certainly didn't come up with that setting, that's the stock "boost" setting on an od which has been probably used for 30 odd years if not more
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?