I searched for a 7 string ultimate thread but the search function on this site is just beyond useless so I gave up immediately.

I want a 7 string guitar for the br00tz please help:
- My budget is £500 - £600
- I will play mostly metal but I like to dabble in classic rock sometimes on my 6 string so I would like to do that on this guitar as well because I can't afford to keep both guitars
- I like have tried some 7 strings in random price ranges and I like ESPs Schecters and Ibanez guitars, they feel quick to play and I will play tech metal and djent etc.

I am willing to buy second hand if it will get me something awesome.

My current amp is a Marshall DLS401 but I plan to switch to something like a Peavey 6505+ combo so I can be fully into the metal cliche.

Thanks
Adam
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Wrong forum - this belongs in Electric Guitar.

That said, the Ibanez RG 7-strings are pretty badass, and you can find them on the cheap easy enough. As with all Ibanez guitars though, consider getting a pickup swap later on.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Wrong forum - this belongs in Electric Guitar.

Lol. I remember one of my first posts ever here was asking what to get as an upgrade to my Behringer iAxe. Put it in Electric Guitar. Mod moved it here. After not coming to this site for like a year this is an oddly fitting welcome back post. Whatever, the mods will move it if they want.

As for RG-7 yeah I think I have tried some, they're pretty nice. I love how thin they are, they have that wizard neck going on but I always think I need a pickup upgrade when I play... And I'd want to just go balls deep and get Bareknuckles or something if I did upgrade which instantly adds like £200 onto the initial cost.
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
It depends on what tunings you'll be using, but if you're going to A or below, you may want a 26.5" scale. I've taken the drop on a 7, got myself a Jackson JS22-7. Now gotta wait till 30th september for it to arrive
Specs on it seem alright, but I may be upgrading the tuners and possibly the bridge.
Quote by ambler3
It depends on what tunings you'll be using, but if you're going to A or below, you may want a 26.5" scale. I've taken the drop on a 7, got myself a Jackson JS22-7. Now gotta wait till 30th september for it to arrive
Specs on it seem alright, but I may be upgrading the tuners and possibly the bridge.

I'm not really too clued up on scale lengths but I really should be if I'm going into dropped tunings to be honest. I'll be sticking to A and above I imagine though, that's really half the reason for getting one, I want that extended range without having to constantly downtune, but nothing really far below...
Quote by Duv
ADGCFAD? Does just fine on 25.5"
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
The current run Ibanez RG7421 is excellent. I have played several and they've all been great. And you'll have enough leftover for a pickup upgrade.

Check out DiMarzio D Activator 7s. I have the 6 string set in my S420, and that is my go to djent stick. The lowest string has such a fat, loose sound, it's amazing. Think A Wolf Amongst Ravens tone.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The current run Ibanez RG7421 is excellent. I have played several and they've all been great. And you'll have enough leftover for a pickup upgrade.

Check out DiMarzio D Activator 7s. I have the 6 string set in my S420, and that is my go to djent stick. The lowest string has such a fat, loose sound, it's amazing. Think A Wolf Amongst Ravens tone.

Really? That's interesting for that kind of price. I'll definitely have a look, my local store probably has one. Thanks.
Quote by Duv