Hello everyone,

Recent I've bought a Boss RC-30 loopstation. Currently I'm using a mono cable to connect from my guitar to the loopstation and a mono cable to connect from the loopstation to my amp.

I wonder if using two stereo cables like a Roland PCS-31L would improve the sound quality.

The reason why I ask this; is because I heard that 99% of the guitars are mono, so it wouldn't make a difference to connect a stereo cable to a guitar, right? (source: http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47458)
Or perhaps only the cable from the loopstation to the amp would make a difference? (But then I wonder why it has two input holes for stereo) I have no clue at the moment.

How should I set it up to get the maximum sound quality?

Thanks in advance for any help and possibly saving me some money!

Last edited by Joey Ong at Aug 2, 2014,
Guitar outputs are mono, guitar amps are mono for the most part.

Unless you're using a stereo amp, or two amps, using that cable from the guitar to the pedal would make no difference, nor would using it from the pedal to the amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
That cable does nothing for you. If you plug it into your guitar the right output will be dead. If you have a stereo effect in front of the looper then you can use both inputs with two mono cables. You could use that cable to connect the headphone output of something to the looper in stereo.
Quote by fly135
That cable does nothing for you. If you plug it into your guitar the right output will be dead. If you have a stereo effect in front of the looper then you can use both inputs with two mono cables. You could use that cable to connect the headphone output of something to the looper in stereo.

+1
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae