Hi.. I need some help to choose what guitar should I buy.. I like to play hard rock, heavy/thrash metal. I have a Line 6 spider IV 15W amp... Which one would be better, the Harley Benton L-1000 Progressive Line or the ESP LTD EC-50? What do you think about the Harley Benton brand, theire guitars look really cool, but are they reliable?

Thanks/Obrigado
Harley Benton guitars are the 'house brand' from Thomann.de

They are mostly 'entry level' guitars, worth the money, no more no less.

There is no risk in ordering one, cause you have '3 year warranty' and '30 day money back' guarantee.....
Quote by Lord Quinas
but it won't sound better than the ltd...right??

Given the genre you're playing and the amp you're using...you won't be able to tell.
here is how house brand cheapos (like harley benton, aria, jack&danny) work: they buy a bunch of unbranded guitars from whichever factory produces the cheapest. an example: I bought a P-Bass Special back in the day, and it was okay for the price, so I recommended it to a friend of mine 5 months later, he bought one that was obviously produced in a different factory (slightly different headstock, slightly different body color) and it was a piece of crap, almost unplayable and rubbish electrics.

thomann buy in large quantities because they expect people to send them back and get a new one. they know that these are hit and miss, so don't be afraid of sending them back until you get a decent one (or decide on a different one)
I'd buy the ltd, i have one, they're not the best guitars, but sound good for their price, and with a little care they are real workhorses, i've got mine for 4 years and it still works, nothing has broken down
Quote by jinsu2301
here is how house brand cheapos (like harley benton, aria, jack&danny) work: they buy a bunch of unbranded guitars from whichever factory produces the cheapest. an example: I bought a P-Bass Special back in the day, and it was okay for the price, so I recommended it to a friend of mine 5 months later, he bought one that was obviously produced in a different factory (slightly different headstock, slightly different body color) and it was a piece of crap, almost unplayable and rubbish electrics.

thomann buy in large quantities because they expect people to send them back and get a new one. they know that these are hit and miss, so don't be afraid of sending them back until you get a decent one (or decide on a different one)

Sorry, that's just a lot of Bullshit.

The Guitars are built exclusively for Thomann,
Thomann designs them, Thomann searches for a factory to build them.

Thomann gives the same 3-year warranty or 30 day money back guarantee like a 5000 Euro Gibson/Fender/PRS Customshop model...

BTW Aria never was a housebrand.....
Last edited by paruwi at Aug 2, 2014,