Pedalboard is finally complete with the replacement of my MXR Carbon Copy. The CC is great, but I've fallen in love with Subdecay pedals and had to have this Echobox when I came across it for dirt cheap. Now my board is complete. I kind of have it a bit disorganized right now because I'm gigging fairly regularly...so when I play shows I just take the pedaltrain that's on the right and bag it up.

Quick and dirty review of the Echobox...incredibly flexible, dead quiet, and it kind of feels weird to say this about a delay pedal but it really has its own kind of musicality to it. It's one of those pedals that makes you really think about the way you're playing, and I think that's always terrific. Very lush and warm sounding, but can get totally nuts if you want it to via some knob tweaking. It's a shame they discontinued it. Alongside my Buster Jangle (which is a really rare Subdecay/Catalinbread collaboration pedal), this guy's my new favorite stompbox.

Here's the full board, in its semi-disorganized glory. Bottom row, right to left: Polytune, AMT Japanese Girl Wah, Buster Jangle, Xotic EP Booster, Xotic BB Preamp, Suhr Shiba Drive, Subdecay Blackstar Distortion, Emma Pizdiyauwot.

Top row, right to left: Subdecay Echobox, MXR Phase 90, TC Hall of Fame Reverb, ISP Decimator, TC Vortex Flanger, Malekko Vibrato, Hotone Octave, CmatMods Tremoglo, and EHX Small Clone Chorus.

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Aug 2, 2014,
wow awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks Dave. It's been a lot of switching things up to get to this point but I'm really very happy with it. My amp basically doesn't have any other channel but super clean, so I rely on pedals for everything.
You don't gig with that behemoth do you?

Edit: Sorry, you already said.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 2, 2014,
Haha. A while back I had a Pedaltrain Pro with about 12 pedals on it...but then I realized that while I use each pedal a good amount at home and in the studio, I don't use 4-5 of them live very often at all. So I just split it into two smaller pedaltrains that I connected.

So now I can just disconnect the right board which has 90% of my gigging pedals, and take it to shows.
Wise & crafty!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I don't know about the wise part, but definitely crafty haha. Here's a demo on youtube of the buster jangle with the subdecay echobox. I don't really have a great recording setup, but this guy does both pedals justice. He also uses a Hiwatt like I do, though I think his is a newer one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWocdh_TFs
Last edited by CustomAxe at Aug 3, 2014,
^

but yeah that's a good idea about those two smaller boards.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CodeMonk
Pedalboard complete?
Buahaha

Haha, you're so right. I just noticed Subdecay has a reverb pedal...
Thanks greg. Gonna try and do some clips tomorrow...I'm thinking some Pink Floyd.
Nice board man! Love the double pedaltrain set-up. Could come in handy if you ever want a lot of pedals live to split them up for in front of the amp and one for the loop. That's how I always imagined having 2 pedalboards.
Yep, I mainly have it so that I can easily use all the pedals together at home and in the studio, but can just take the right pedaltrain for gigs. Super easy with minimal fuss and cable moving
Very nice dual pedalboard! Congratulations!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112