So I have had my guitar setup for 13 gauge strings and specifically for Drop G# Tuning. If I play in drop C or Drop B will it mess the setup up? is it bad to play in any tuning other than what it was setup for? I've never had a guitar properly setup so I have never delved into asking such questions.
Quote by Float777
So I have had my guitar setup for 13 gauge strings and specifically for Drop G# Tuning. If I play in drop C or Drop B will it mess the setup up? is it bad to play in any tuning other than what it was setup for? I've never had a guitar properly setup so I have never delved into asking such questions.

Drop C is a pretty drastic up-tuning from where you are, and you may need to reset your truss rod and your intonation, so yes, your setup will change.

I got tired of dealing with these questions and didn't want to bother with 13 gauge strings and the like, so I bought a Variax. I can tune to concert E with 10's and then downtune the entire guitar up to an octave per string with no change in string tension.