Im looking for a new amp and im super indecisive and cant seem to makeup my mind. I was previously looking at fender twins and deville's. But now im looking for something that gets pretty loud but can also do distortion a little better. I'm straying away from clean tones and trying to play more music with fuzz and heavy distortion. Any thoughts/recommendations? The ideal amp for me would be able to get a great clean channel, but can also get loud and fill up a room with noise and dirty tones. I'm open to all options and have a budget at around $1,000. Thanks!
Get a used Peavey JSX
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dspellman
Check out the Carvin Nomad and Belair.

Maybe the Egnater Tweaker?

Given he's looking for distortion and clean, I'd go with the Egnater of those 3. I like the Carvins, but those particular ones are more like Fenders, as I recall- all about great cleans, so-so on the gritty side.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Mesa Lonestar

Peavey JSX isn't a bad suggestion.

Also check out the Peavey Valveking.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Mesa. It does Fender clean and glorious OD in one package.

Name the one track with the specific guitar tone that you believe is tonal nirvana and others can make good viable recommendations. Using terms like "loud, heavy, or fuzz" are simply too vague to be useful.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY