I have this MXR Distortion+ which doesn't really seem to mix well with other dirt pedals, be it hard clipping distortion or soft clipping overdrives.

Every time I put one of those pedals in front or behind the MXR, the amp (any amp) just gives off a high pitch whine that changes in pitch when I play around with my volume knob and pickup selector switches.

The MXR I bought was 2nd hand though, so no warranty or anything.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before?
If so, is there a fix for this?

I don't mind picking apart the circuit to change a few components here and there.
how high are you setting the distortion knob on all of these pedals? i'm guessing you're not doing anything wrong like that though if you're ok with fiddling with the circuit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?