Hey all.

I've recently decided to upgrade the hardware and electronics on my old Squire Affinity Series Stratocaster.

What things do you all recommend me getting for the Strat that could make the general tone of the guitar better? I understand that quality bridges, tuning pegs, and saddles can (obviously) make the guitar sound a lot better. So, that is the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Also, what pre-wired pickup set would you recommend for a nice clean/overdriven sound (that's under 300$)?

PS: I know It'd be wiser to just buy a quality strat, but this certain Strat has a limited edition gold-flake finish on it. And, I really just want to mod a guitar.

Thanks in advance.
I'm in the same situation as you. I recently bought an early 90's squier standard strat for cheap, looking into upgrades. First for mine is going to be better tuners. The tone will always suck if the guitar goes out of tune easily, right? I've heard good things about replacing the trem block with a brass one, but don't have any firsthand experience with it. I'd check out GFS, their parts are pretty low priced but seem to get very positive reviews.
Quote by TheJawsOfDeath
I'm in the same situation as you. I recently bought an early 90's squier standard strat for cheap, looking into upgrades. First for mine is going to be better tuners. The tone will always suck if the guitar goes out of tune easily, right? I've heard good things about replacing the trem block with a brass one, but don't have any firsthand experience with it. I'd check out GFS, their parts are pretty low priced but seem to get very positive reviews.

Thanks, I'll look into it all
The biggest gain in performance in inexpensive electrics is usually from changing the pickups, and maybe the rest of the electronics. You can get good value from GFS, but I would not buy their cheap loaded pickguards - too cheap, and maybe no better than what is already in it. The hand-wired ones might be OK. You can go more expensive than GFS, and I have no problem with putting expensive pickups in cheap guitars. In one of mine, a junk Peavey Raptor, one of the pickups is worth more than the rest of the guitar in total. The downside is that you won't get your money back on resale.