I'm doing my HSC (end of high school tests in Australia) and I was thinking of testing if I have fatigue so I can get a doctor certificate saying I wasn't up to doing the exams properly. In classes I always feel ridiculously tired and often actually have to put my head down or close my eyes because I can barely keep myself awake. I don't think it is from my sleeping habits either, I usually get at least 8 hours sleep. A couple of mates think I'm just lazy but others told me to see if I fatigue. Really hope I'm not just lazy.

But yeah does anyone else have or know someone with fatigue? How does it affect you and what made you get tested for it? My friend also told me it can be a side effect of having depression so that makes me think I could have it even more.
West Ham United
Fatigue/tiredness in high school (or at least in high school ages) is pretty common with hormonal changes.

I think you'll be aight mate
My God, it's full of stars!
wtf dread is a mod
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Oh God I'm scared of him now! D:
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by TheChaz
Start exercising. Then you won't be tired anymore.

I play soccer twice a week and do at least half an hour of exercise each day if that counts.

EDIT: Only place I've seen a bigger reaction to a mod posting is the Runescape forums.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Aug 3, 2014,
I've struggled with chronic fatigue for as long as I can remember.. things that have really helped: keeping sugar intake as low as possible (which really isn't too hard if you just stay away from sugary drinks and sweets - keeping your intake under 30 g a day consistently is a start), sleeping EARLIER, keeping yourself from entertaining negative thoughts which may induce anxiety, getting some physical activity, and watching your diet and how it interacts with your digestive system.

Your digestive system has a lot to do with your immune system.. if you're eating shitty foods and/ or foods that you are intolerant too, it can mess with your digestive tract; damaged stomach/ intestine lining and villi means poor absorption of nutrients = fatigue, low energy, malnourishment, etc.. it can also flare up your autoimmune system, which shows up as general discomfort, anxiety, unusual adrenaline surges, all which can leave you feeling pretty drained without even doing anything.

The easiest way is to find someplace in your area to do some tests to see if you are intolerant to any foods. Lactose and gluten intolerance are very common (I have both, and I've felt ten times better after finally learning about and addressing them), though there are a ton out there.
Quote by King Donkey
I play soccer twice a week and do at least half an hour of exercise each day if that counts.

EDIT: Only place I've seen a bigger reaction to a mod posting is the Runescape forums.

Huh, well I guess that's not it then. And it's just cuz dread was a back in the day mod, and now apparently he's reascended to godhood, so that's pretty cool.
Make sure everything else in your life isn't unhealthy. Eating, sleeping. Make sure those are regulated. If you think it's serious, go to the doctor.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
I work a 24 hours shift so I do feel fatigue now and then, especially when I first started.

It doesn't feel like I have anything to contribute though
Holy shit, dread's a mod again!? Either the pit has been saved or we're screwed royally. pleasedon'tbanme
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Aug 3, 2014,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Wat. Fatigue just means tiredness, it's not something you diagnose.

It's also something everybody who works on the planet has.

Yea, this does sound like soemthing that could be easily solved by slapping TS about the chops until he shapes up and stops being a pussy.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Wat. Fatigue just means tiredness, it's not something you diagnose.

It's also something everybody who works on the planet has.

Yeah I thought that too but turns out it's an actual thing.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Fatigue_explained
Quote by TheChaz
Huh, well I guess that's not it then. And it's just cuz dread was a back in the day mod, and now apparently he's reascended to godhood, so that's pretty cool.
I know, was just joking.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
Yeah I thought that too but turns out it's an actual thing.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Fatigue_explained
I know, was just joking.

But fatigue itself is just being tired. It's a symptom. Doesn't really matter what causes it. I don't think it would work very well to have a doctor's note saying "this guy is pretty tired." Like holy shit if you're not fatigued by the time finals roll around you're not human.
Quote by TheChaz
But fatigue itself is just being tired. It's a symptom. Doesn't really matter what causes it. I don't think it would work very well to have a doctor's note saying "this guy is pretty tired." Like holy shit if you're not fatigued by the time finals roll around you're not human.

Yeah that's why I made this thread to see if people had similar experiences and thought it was worth getting checked up on. My friend has bipolar and she was actually diagnosed with fatigue as a result of that and has medication to help out. It's not really just me being exhausted from overstudying; I've really slacked off as far as that goes. I genuinely just don't feel like I can concentrate in class and other situations because I'm so tired.
West Ham United
i have a somatoform disorder and subsequently feel like shit about 85% of the time i'm awake. at this point it's become so normal for me that feeling alright is like downright euphoria. and that's how i became an addict.

drugs are bad; stay in school.
i don't know why i feel so dry
What you need is a syringe and a red bull
Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....

Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.
Quote by TheChaz

I started studying 1 month before during the semester I took company law and was relaxing when everyone else was rushing.

Was pretty not fatigued that time
Go to a doctor for a quick check up. Depending on your age, it might just hormonal. Any recent changes in your life (stress, schedule, anything) could cause it, and sometimes, people just randomly get tired. It could be nothing, but if its bothering you, go get it checked. Tonnes of stuff can cause tiredness. Anaemia, various infectious diseases, autoimmune disorders, depression/psych issues, endocrine problems. The list goes on forever.

Once again, it's probably nothing, but a qualified doctor could rule out anything serious, and then find a way to fix it if possible.
Quote by piratemetalhead
I've struggled with chronic fatigue for as long as I can remember.. things that have really helped: keeping sugar intake as low as possible (which really isn't too hard if you just stay away from sugary drinks and sweets - keeping your intake under 30 g a day consistently is a start), sleeping EARLIER, keeping yourself from entertaining negative thoughts which may induce anxiety, getting some physical activity, and watching your diet and how it interacts with your digestive system.

Your digestive system has a lot to do with your immune system.. if you're eating shitty foods and/ or foods that you are intolerant too, it can mess with your digestive tract; damaged stomach/ intestine lining and villi means poor absorption of nutrients = fatigue, low energy, malnourishment, etc.. it can also flare up your autoimmune system, which shows up as general discomfort, anxiety, unusual adrenaline surges, all which can leave you feeling pretty drained without even doing anything.

The easiest way is to find someplace in your area to do some tests to see if you are intolerant to any foods. Lactose and gluten intolerance are very common (I have both, and I've felt ten times better after finally learning about and addressing them), though there are a ton out there.

This.

Also make sure you're drinking plenty of water and iron rich foods (plus fresh fruit and vegetables for vitamin c). Low iron levels in blood often cause tiredness.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by triface
I started studying 1 month before during the semester I took company law and was relaxing when everyone else was rushing.

Was pretty not fatigued that time

Fair enough. With my schedule my classes would have me up for school at 6 am and coming home from work past midnight several days a week, so by the time finals rolled around, I was pretty damn tired without studying.
Yeah, I'm almost immovably tired on a daily basis.
I also have depression, a shit diet, little physical exercise, a borked up sleeping pattern and no motivation to fix any of it

Most of it boils down to just "what makes sense". Eat foods which make you feel good (usually ones with high carb/calorie content), sleep regular, get outside and do enjoyable things each day. You'll feel a lot better at least, even if still a bit tired.
I've been eating too much and not exercising and I'm extremely stressed out. I just can't seem to get enough sleep. I know that if I force myself to stay outside until dinner I won't get a chance to sleep but it's not the same
cat
There's a massive difference between fatigue and tiredness. Staying awake for days or extreme exercise doesn't compare to the feeling of fatigue. I've lay in a bed for 3 solid weeks and my fatigue didn't leave me. It's a constant in your everyday life, it doesn't leave you (although how it affects you can fluctuate hourly).

Fatigue feels like the worst flu you've ever had, mixed with the worst cramps from exercise, mixed with the cognitive skills of someone who downed a bottle of valium. Every area of your body feels it, from your eyes to your feet. Before drugs, it would take me 20 minutes to sit up in bed and stand up. This is how I feel the fatigue side effects from my autoimmune disease.

If you can relate to this feeling and you're experiencing other things like weight loss, joint pain, breathing problems or fevers then you should get seen to.
TS, eat healthier and rebuild your body with exercise.

Stop smoking so much dope.

Stop masturbating so much

In other news, dread's a mod :O
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ