Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so please go easy on me!

I've been looking at getting an Fs-6 to put in my pedalboard. The only issue is I saw its powered by a 9v battery.

So my plan is to remove the battery terminal, and wire the two wires directly to a female 9v socket so it can use one of the distributor plugs in my board.

Would this work okay? In my head I can't see why it wouldn't be okay, I'm just replacing the positive and negative feeds from a battery with a power lead. The same for all other boss pedals.
Last edited by leecollings at Aug 3, 2014,
Welcome to UG Lee. Enjoy your stay here. Lots of smart people in GGnA and GBnC.

First of all, you have a great question. You know they make converter plugs that you then clip to battery cable in the pedal. I know I got one along with my OneSpot when I bought it. I use it on my Big Muff.
Welcome I'm not one of the aforementioned smart people but bear with me.

I think that what you're proposing, TS, is way too complicated of a solution. There are a lot of easier ways to do it, one of which has been mentioned already.
Actually, I'm not sure about this...

Because even if I COULD clip two terminals together, wouldn't it reverse the polarity?

I'm starting to wonder if it's better to buy the components, and make it myself or if I'm able to actually buy one ready to go.
I have another question, if someone doesn't mind answering...

With this pedal powered by 9V DC power, and the jack cables inserted in situ... when the power to the battery terminal is cut.. will the unit remain on, as the cables are plugged in?

Ideally, I don't want to have to unplug cables to turn it off, I just want it to remain plugged in and left alone, so I just unplug the one power cord to the entire board to turn everything off.

Any suggestions? (Apart from the switch mod.. as that will still require me to pick up the pedal, or remember to switch it on and off every time I set it up).

Thanks guys
Yes, that cable adapter you posted above is what I'm talking about. That's what I use for my Muff.

Unless I'm missing something, I think you are over-complicating things.

The polarity is already reversed with the adapter clip. That's what it does. It will work fine.

If you turn off the power (like off a power strip) then no power will go to the pedal. I don't see how it could still be on. I think you are thinking about how you need to remove the battery from some pedals or the battery will drain slowly while not using it.

You don't need to unplug anything. I've never unplugged mine (outside of cleaning or moving things around). I HAVE to use one for my Big Muff as it an old school Russian one that has no external adapter for power. Battery only.
I think I was getting confused with the pedal running form a battery, and of course to save battery power the unit is turned off when all jack plugs are unplugged.

But obviously if theres no power to the unit.. its not going to stay on. That was a bit of a dunce moment.

What I've done is gone to Maplin and bought a separate battery clip terminal with red and black wires, and a female 2.1mm 9v DC adapter.

, its red wire to the pin and black wire to the outside plate right? or other way round?
I know this is an old thread but I used info from this thread to build my own Power Mod. It includes both a DC plug as well as an on/off switch. The DC plug will switch to battery when unplugged. I thought someone my still benefit from learning about the challenges in this project.

Details are in my blog.

/cw
Quote by cyberwookie
I know this is an old thread but I used info from this thread to build my own Power Mod. It includes both a DC plug as well as an on/off switch. The DC plug will switch to battery when unplugged. I thought someone my still benefit from learning about the challenges in this project.

Details are in my blog.

/cw

sorry but posting in old threads is a no no.