I'm planning probably the most complex thing I ever build. 8 string fanned with cello scroll and pegs. I have carved some scrolls in the past so it's not a big deal.

the main problem is the bridge. I want the cello tailpiece as well. so I'm planing to carve a tailpiece that will suit a 8 string guitar from ebony. what bother my is the tuners.
would the normal cello fine tuners work for guitar strings? (they look like these :
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
I doubt it will work because of the string size differences.

Not sure a cello tail piece will work either. They are very tall and the radius maybe an issue. These are just educated guesses, because I have never worked on a cello ever but I have a friend that has a 4/4 bass (minus the fine tuners). So if someone knows better than me that would be great. But just my general knowledge says it will be very hard if it will even work.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the tailpiece (the wood part of it) has been done before -

what troubles me is mainly the finetuners. maybe someone here have a different solution?
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
Quote by alphandor
the tailpiece (the wood part of it) has been done before -

what troubles me is mainly the finetuners. maybe someone here have a different solution?

That is the trapeze tail piece, yes they have used those in guitars for decades. I was referring to the bridge, so that was my mistake.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Tony Done
Are you planning on using cello pegs rather than tuning machines?

If not, what Explorebiulder said. You don't need fine tuners if you have ordinary guitar tuners, except when you have a locking nut. - Which implies a trem, which you haven't got.

as I said, I do gonna use cello pegs. I need fine tuners
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
I worry that this thing is going to sustain like an underwater banjo by the time you're done with the pegs, fine tuners, and flying bridge/tailpiece.

That said - I can't think of any reason why you couldn't use those fine tuners for guitar strings as long as they were mounted properly. The ball ends are roughly the same size and you can always bend the bracket a little bit if the gap is too big, or you could use slightly smaller fine tuners.

The pegs scare me, that doesn't seem like a good idea honestly.