As much as I'd like to help aspiring musicians (which I cannot do since I am one and I'm broke), I think this is the wrong place for this. If you're really determined and serious about making music, you should take it slow, and lay a solid groundwork for your career. I'm not saying that getting a guitar isn't a part of it, it's a huge part of it, but maybe it's a bit too early for crowdfunding. Are there any guitar stores around where you live? The best way to buy a guitar is to work for the money and pick it personally, that way you will really earn your dream instrument.
^^^ I agree. I worked to buy my first guitar and amp. I'm sure TS can too.

Sure the specific band slot may be taken by the time you have the guitar, but no matter - there will be more bnd slots in the future.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I would get a job. You're 16, you said? Well, find work. There's got to be something you can do; don't view any job as "below" yourself. Work hard, do a good job, and get paid. Then, when you buy your first guitar, you'll feel like you really earned it.
pfft, a job! real musicians dont have jobs! theyll live in their cars if they have to as long as they get to live their dream!!!

(even though you can't afford a car and you need wifi to use the macbook pro your parents gave you, but you can figure that out after you get a guitar)
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I would get a job. You're 16, you said? Well, find work. There's got to be something you can do; don't view any job as "below" yourself. Work hard, do a good job, and get paid. Then, when you buy your first guitar, you'll feel like you really earned it.

true.it feels good when you buy something out nof the money we earned ourselves
Yeah right, you're asking "your musician friends"?? Really??

So that musician friend you mentioned that asked you to join the band - did you ask him for money to buy you a guitar?

And the other members of this band...did you ask them for money? And how many of your other friends (real life friends) did you look in the eye and ask for them to give you a dollar?

How many of your classmates at school did you ask to give you money? How many of your family did you ask to give you money? How many doors in your neighbourhood did you knock on to ask for free money so you can buy a guitar?

No, you aren't asking your "musician friends" for help. You're begging anonymously to complete strangers on the internet because it's easy and you don't have to suffer the hit to your pride that face to face begging entails.

Take your grandfather's 3/4 guitar down to the train station or city centre. Sit on a corner with a hand painted sign saying "need $$ for a new guitar" and start playing. Busking is better than begging.

Or, as has been stated over and over, get a job.

Then after your first or second paycheck you can probably afford that guitar. Also, after you get your guitar you can have some regular income to buy new strings and pay to get to and from band practice and gigs rather than relying on your parents to get you around.

With a job you can start to buy your own clothes and shoes to make things less difficult for your family. You could even give some of the money you earn from your job to your family to help out.

Begging is worse than advertising. At least people advertising are offering something in return for the money they're asking to be given.
Si