Hi all,

I have a 2 year old EB VP Jr (6180 model) that has never been abused or used out of the house that is acting up.

It doesn't completely cut the volume unless I press REALLY hard in the heel position. From that position to barely moving it forward, the volume instantly cuts on and the volume sweep from almost heel down to toe down is barely discernible, even when trying both dip switch positions. The volume is almost constant in any position.

I don't know enough to tell if it is a volume pot or string issue, but would like some help to see if it is something I can address before shelling out another 70-100 bucks on a volume pedal.

Alternatively, if it is worth just buying a new pedal at this point, let me know what you think is worth buying OUTSIDE of EB. I am using my volume pedal for volume swells / ambient style playing. I am eyeballing the Dunlop DVP-1 at the moment.

Thanks!
Matt
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
If it uses a potentiometer, it might be that the contact is faulty, having stuck to a single spot on the contact area and producing only the volume level from that contact area. I know this better in finnish, so just troll me if I'm spewing gibberish, electronics are confusing in english.

Potentiometer fault can be fixed though, if you can buy a pot and know some soldering.
If you decide to get a new volume pedal, have a look at the Visual Sound Visual Volume.
Although it takes a little practice to get good swells down.
guitar/bass95 - makes perfect sense. Not sure if it is something I have the tools / patience to fix.

CodeMonk - what do you mean by this? is the sweep weird?

Thanks!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57