hey good morning guys i really wish you an outstanding day, i have a question, i am stuck in deciding what should i spend my money on for my guitar gear, i have 500 dollars, i have a 2 electric guitars my first love a peavey raptor plus exp and a bc rich warlock ntwbr, i had 2 amps but i gave one to my friend so now im left with the amp that came with my peavey guitar years ago haha, a peavey backstage 2 its 26watts, i am not sure if i want to spend my money on either a good amp (mainly for metal music), remodeling/upgrading my old peavey cheapo (install a 24 fret neck, some emg's, and a different tremolo bridge and many other things) or get a the guitar ive always wanted to have, the ibanez arz307 (i like having multiple guitars so i can have a tuning for each one) so guys what do you think would be the best thing? thanks!!!
Amp, it will probably give you a bigger upgrade tone wise than everything else put together.
Quote by mcamp12302
Amp, it will probably give you a bigger upgrade tone wise than everything else put together.

Thanks, would you recommend any amp for metal?
Amp

No question.

I'd check out the Peavey Vypyr 60 tube hybrid. I prefer it to the 6505+112 combo honestly and that is a good rec as well. The Vypyr 60 tube hybrid has a power section that is lifted almost exactly off the 6505+112. I got my Vypyr for $315 used and see them as low as $250. That leaves you money to upgrade pickups etc.
Quote by guitar/bass95
The 6505+ is the best metal combo you can get in a reasonable price range.

the infamous 6505, what about the vypyr? any comparison? why which one is better?
Quote by Tony Done
Amp, no question. I can't offer advice on which one, because I don't play that genre.

Plus some decent pickups in the Raptor. I have the same model, and it is a well made, good sounding guitar with decent pickups installed.

yes indeed very well built and the pick ups are actually good but im trying to get more output
Quote by DarkF1ame777
the infamous 6505, what about the vypyr? any comparison? why which one is better?

The 6505 is pure tube, which is a deal maker for a lot of people. The Vypyr is a great amp too, but I haven't tried the tube one, so I can't make a comparison, sorry
Quote by DarkF1ame777
yes indeed very well built and the pick ups are actually good but im trying to get more output

Do you ever play clean? If so, I think you would notice the difference if you put something like a vintage style humbucker in the bridge and good modern stagger (high 3rd pole) SCs in the other two.
You might want to look at a Peavey JSX/XXX/Ultra. They're a bit hard to find, but you can find used combos around the $400-500 range pretty often. You can go the head/cab route too if you want.
I pride myself on my humility.