Hi Im trying to install a floyd rose tremolo original in to a strat body I have made. However the springs pull out of the trem block.The screws are 12mm down and the rear cavity is 19mm deep. Any ideas
If you've blocked the trem then you don't need the springs mate. You've basically turned the guitar into a hard tail guitar. The only way I know of blocking a trem and still being able to use the trem is by using a Tremol-No and having it in Dive Only mode.

Edit: Apologies, ignore my post, I didn't read your post properly! Your best bet for advice would be to post links to pictures so people have an idea what you've done.
Last edited by arv1971 at Aug 3, 2014,
Quote by robthemon
Hi Im trying to install a floyd rose tremolo original in to a strat body I have made. However the springs pull out of the trem block.The screws are 12mm down and the rear cavity is 19mm deep. Any ideas

Why are they pulling out of the trem block? Are you sure you've got them connected correctly? Loosen the spring claw (where the wood screws hold the claw into the wood of the guitar on the other end of the spring) a bit.

We need photos for this one. Upload your digital photos to one of the online photo storage places (Imgur, Photobucket, etc.) and then copy them over from there (all of them provide instructions).

[Red Flag -- did you say a strat body that you'd made? Did you properly rout the body for a FLOYD?]
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 4, 2014,