So this is just going to be a tread of GAS and what-ifs but I'm pretty sure you'll all be okay with that. So which basses would you like to see reissued? Or simply continued if they were recently discontinued.

Some of the stuff I'd like to see back is really simple. Fender for some reason have discontinued the '51 Reissue Precision, probably my favourite classic bass, but have continued to sell CS and Squier version. The boobs. They can also bring back the TV Bassman series while they're at it.

As seen above, I would love Gibson to make a reissue of the RD Artist series bass, complete with all the Moog electronics. I don't mind that they're really proud of the Thunderbird but if they're going to keep selling the same thing over and over again they could at least make some 60s and 70s style Tbirds with pickups wound to spec.

I would also like Warwick to distribute in the UK again, please.
I'd like to see them make the LTD F405 basses again, the old decent ones with the tribal fret inlays.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Fender/Squier
Thinline Precision
Jazz 24
Roscoe Beck
Urge II
Katana (I don't care what anyone says)

but most of all I want them to bring back all the great colors they stupidly discontinued over the years

Gibson
RD Artist
Non Reverse Thunderbird

EBMM
Cutlass I
Cutlass II
SUB (the original SUB, not the SBMM budget line we have now)

Misc.
Yamaha TRB1006
a proper reissue of the original Steinberger XL design, as unrealistic as that is
all of Modulus
Epiphone EA-260
the old Vigiers with the CF (none 90/10) necks
Spector NS-2JAR (a reissue itself but I could dig a re-reissue)
Ibanez Saber basses
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
One bass: Urge II. Which is about as likely to occur as me voting republican in the next election

And maybe the Jazz 24 in cherry burst
Of all the brands you'd expect, Fender actually seem to be the leaders in terms of innovation, or at least interesting designs, in the past few seasons. Stopping all the Japanese imports is hella dumb though.

Ben: Isn't the Dimension Deluxe pretty much the same bass?

Tam: After all this time I'd have thought that a second hand one would have shown up by now.
Just steal it. There's one going for less than a grand here on an online shop. It's pretty tempting.

I made another picture because I'm bored.

Quote by Tostitos
EBMMSUB (the original SUB, not the SBMM budget line we have now)

I've tried the old Subs a few times and I've tried out the Sterling series. I have to say, the Sterling series is an improvement in just about every way. When I was in the shop earlier I tried out some true Stingrays and the Sterling series are pretty much exactly the same. Shot yourself in the foot there, EBMM.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Aug 3, 2014,
Quote by Spaz91
I've tried the old Subs a few times and I've tried out the Sterling series. I have to say, the Sterling series is an improvement in just about every way. When I was in the shop earlier I tried out some true Stingrays and the Sterling series are pretty much exactly the same. Shot yourself in the foot there, EBMM.

The Sterling Ray's are pretty good but there are times I want that ugly truck-bed-liner finish that I wouldn't have to worry about dinging up. And I like the black painted necks.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by anarkee
One bass: Urge II. Which is about as likely to occur as me voting republican in the next election

This.

And the Peavey T-40.

Also, not exactly a reissue, but I'd like to see one or two more Ibanez SRs in lavender burst.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Bassists are generally not the traditionalists that guitar players are, and tend to go forward and increase their range rather than look back. A big chunk of them will gravitate around something that has "Precision" or "Jazz" on it, but basses keep improving, while guitars pretty much stultify.
Quote by Hail
pretty recent one, the carvin SB line

That range was relatively short-lived, even for Carvin.

I have an '89 LB75, Ferrari red, Jackson-esque tilted pointy headstock, active preamp. James LoMenzo played a nearly identical one of these during his Whlte Lion days.
1960's Vox Bill Wyman and the AC-50+118 cab, for that 60's goodness

Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Quote by Spaz91

I made another picture because I'm bored.

LOL
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Every day is a school day, Jon

First stats are the Roscoe:

Frets: 22 jumbo vs 21 medium jumbo
Neck shape: Asymmetrical vs C shape
Pickups: 2 special design humbuckers vs 1 dimension humbucker
Fingerboard: pau ferro, maple or rosewood vs rosewood
Bridge: Gotoh vs shitty Fender one
Straplocks: Locking vs None
Posiflex graphite rods: Yes vs No
Pickup switching: Hells Yes vs Hells No
Parametric Mid control: Yes vs No
Nut width: 1.875 vs 1.75
Neck finish: Gloss vs Satin

And that's just the stuff I can remember.
I'd like to see Gibson reissue the Victory Bass:

Hands down; the best bass Gibson ever made.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley