Ok so a couple of months ago I traded in my Fender Champion 110 for a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT. Over the last 2 days I have noticed it suddenly has started losing volume and clarity when I play softly or use legato/tapping. It is a sudden drop not a gradual one then back upto volume again when I pick or tap rrally hard.

Do I need to replace the valve? Is the circuitry fried?
Thanks in advance.
Ps. I have tried a different cable and only have one electric guitar so I dont know if it's maybe a problem with the guitar?
Last edited by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma at Aug 3, 2014,
Clean amp and guitar from dust. It may cause problems. And if that doesn't work screw plugin for cable on guitar, it may got loose sometimes. Just post news when you try this so if that's not reason to maybe look further because it's ALWAYS something ridicolous when it comes to this type of malfunctions.
How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream perverted?
More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions?
And now we want to turn that dream on ourselves, to fundamentally improve who we are.
Experience has shown me how dangerous that can be.
I reckon the tube's not the problem - it would either work or not work.
Or maybe work halfway, but not cause volume spikes afaIk.

I'd try resetting the amp to factory settings.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thankyou I will try these suggestions now, do I have to wait anytime after I unplug the amp before messing around with the insides and cleaning? Cathodes holding residual electricity and stuff?
When you clean just unplug amp and do that old school trick (turn switch from 0 to 1, wait a couple of seconds than put it again at 0). And when opening touch some metal surface with your hand before touching amp so you get rid off electricity in your body. SAFETY FIRST, eh?
How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream perverted?
More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions?
And now we want to turn that dream on ourselves, to fundamentally improve who we are.
Experience has shown me how dangerous that can be.
It could be the tube, the 12ax7 in the VT series is a buffer for the power amp, so if it is going bad it could cause volume fluctuations.

Get a 12ax7 and put it in and see if you notice a difference, the cheap ones run $10
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate