Today I bought a Peavey Mark III Bass head and a fender cab with two 15" organ speakers in it for $200. For what I needed which is a really loud and clear sounding amp for use with pedals, it sounds great. Is anyone else a fan of bass amps with electric guitar?
Raconteurs Fan Guy
Used my BC120 for the SG until my Blues Junior arrived. It coped for practice at home.

I actually still use it via the dry out of my final pedal sometimes, to give an overall fuller sound along with the Jnr carrying the main signal.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
A lot of people are. I don't own a bass amp so I can't do it home, but for example Fender Bassmans are really popular guitar amps.

And then there's the Verellen Meatsmoke. I want one.
^ Yeah the Bassman has pretty much been stolen by lead guitarists!
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
It will sound clean, so distortion will likely sound fairly bad.
It will have bass though, so if you like low tuned guitars it's definitely good.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
the musicman amp I currently use is technically a bass amp, and for a while I was using my friend's matching 1x15 bass cab with it.

I like the big, open and punchy sound I can get out of it - it leaves the attack transient intact, which gives my tone a lot of impact when I play chords in a lower register, and a lot of definition for lead.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
the musicman amp I currently use is technically a bass amp, and for a while I was using my friend's matching 1x15 bass cab with it.

I like the big, open and punchy sound I can get out of it - it leaves the attack transient intact, which gives my tone a lot of impact when I play chords in a lower register, and a lot of definition for lead.

i play an HD-130 head that has no effects. i also has a 'normal' and 'bass' side (labeled underneath the input jacks), while the ones with effects generally just have 'Input" labeled under the jacks. mine also has a shorter length cabinet, it's not as long or as tall as the reverb version heads.

from what i have heard mine is also a 'bass' model, though it sounds just fine as a guitar amp.

btw, i just found out the music man amp line is being re-released. Mark bass will make them

http://tonereport.com/news/music-man-amps-to-return
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
For a while I was running my guitars into a silverface Bassman and a Peavey Mark IV bass head going to some Mesa 4x10's and a 1x15. It sounded huge.