Hey folks.

A few years ago, we used to have Song of the Week threads where a user would post an acoustic (though it doesn't have to be SOLELY an acoustic guitar of course) song or a particular artist, and then talk about the piece or artist a little bit, why they like it/them, etc.

I'd like to bring it back if I can get some volunteers to make the threads! Any interest?

But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
I would be up for this provided that it is Foggy Mountain Breakdown every week.
*your ad here*
Well dang that'd be better than nothing I guess
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
We could also do Luthiers of the week.

Basically I think some weekly thing would be good for the community growth, discussion. And learning
Seriously though.
Let's talk about C. F. Martin and then we can talk about Rick Shubb next week.
*your ad here*
Here, this track has lots of cool acoustic instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h5ydMEfnJI

The song itself is, like all Ricky Skaggs songs, incredibly silly, but the picking is, like all Ricky Skaggs songs, top notch courtesy of the best guns Nashville had to offer in the 80s.

The premise is a bit absurd though.

Uncle Pen: "You work in an office so you are a city boy and you forgot your roots."

Ricky: "No way. I can still play guitar real good."

Uncle Pen: "In that case, you're still a country boy."

Like what.
*your ad here*
So this won't happen, since there is no interest