Page 1 of 2
Does anyone here suffer from an anxiety disorder

Are any of you prone to attacks

How do you deal with your anxiety and anxiety attacks

Pls share thx xoxo
ayy lmao
yea, they've been ridiculously bad lately

I don't deal with them well at all either

EDIT: I'm actually going to go talk to someone about it this week for the first time ever since they've been pretty much debilitating. I don't know what to expect, but I hope it helps...
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 3, 2014,
minterman22 does

Quote by Eastwinn
where do you want me to start?

Wherever you want

This is a safe place
ayy lmao
Quote by deadsmileyface
they suck

Yes they do

I've been having daily attacks and medication only makes them worse

Kind of ruining my over all quality of life

Which is why I made this thread
ayy lmao
wanna start a club?

Had anxiety for ....4-5 years now, experienced it all:

light headedness
sweating
headaches
vomiting
shaking
chest pains
acid reflux

Been to therapy a couple times, tried Cognitive Behaviour therapy, but never been on drugs, don't plan on it either.

Tips:

learn breathing techniques, when you start getting anxious take deep inhales, hold it a couple seconds and deep exhale. Count the seconds on each part, lets your mind focus on something. Just rationally work through your situation, cognitive behaviour therapy is basically a thought process:

-what am I feeling?
-take the "worst feeling"
-what do I think is causing this feeling?
-arguments for the cause
-arguments against the cause

The idea is that if you sit down and think about what is happening you'll eventually come to the conclusion that nothing is wrong.

Also, general things to help anxiety:

-Work out, lift, do cardio
-eat healthy
-get rid of unnecessary stressful things in your life (bad relationships, etc)
-keep yourself occupied
-push yourself - the more you stay scared in your house/bed, the harder it gets to go outside.
Last edited by technicolour at Aug 3, 2014,
Quote by technicolour

The idea is that if you sit down and think about what is happening you'll eventually come to the conclusion that nothing is wrong.

I disagree

I know nothing is wrong

And yet for some reason I continue to anxiety

I've essentially become self aware
ayy lmao
Then do the breating technique, it'll help slow down your heart when it starts to race. In 3 seconds, hold 3 seconds, out 4 seconds
Quote by technicolour
Then do the breating technique, it'll help slow down your heart when it starts to race. In 3 seconds, hold 3 seconds, out 4 seconds

I do this

Doesn't really help

Kind of sucks
ayy lmao
So what triggers your anxiety then?

There's other breathing techniqes too like the nostril one...

plug one side of your nose, inhale for 8 seconds in the open side, hold for 6 seconds, than exhale through the opposite side you inhaled in for 4 seconds. Switch back and forth between nostrils, do that like 10 times.
Last edited by technicolour at Aug 3, 2014,
Quote by chookiecookie
Wherever you want

This is a safe place

i have two phobias intertwined with a somatoform disorder antagonized by irresponsible drug use and bipolar disorder.

at my worst i would have 2-4 panic attacks a day. i'm doing better now as far as panic goes.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I used to be a fairly anxious person, I would recite things like what I was going to say on the phone before phoning up people, going up to ask teachers things, in shops etc.

However I never got full on "attacks" of panic or anxiety, I can't imagine how bad that would be.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Eastwinn
i have two phobias intertwined with a somatoform disorder antagonized by irresponsible drug use and bipolar disorder.

at my worst i would have 2-4 panic attacks a day. i'm doing better now as far as panic goes.

Hey you're like me

Quote by technicolour
So what triggers your anxiety then?.

Absolutely everything
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Aug 3, 2014,
everyone who spends a significant amount of time here does

apart from a few people
but those are the weird ones
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by chookiecookie
Hey you're like me

how so?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
how so?

I have several diagnosed mental issues and am also a former drug abuser.

But not now because all drugs throw me into an anxiety attack. Even the ones meant to treat anxiety attacks

I am a lost cause

We should be friends
ayy lmao
deep breathing works fairly well for me.
doesn't completely get rid of it obviously, but it quells it enough for me to function.
I'm lucky, I haven't had a proper attack in a long time (since I switched medications), now I'm just generally anxious
banned
Yep, had it my whole life. It got even worse and I started getting palpitations as well when I got in a [minor] car accident.

I was on xanax, got addicted. Was put on paxil, the withdrawls(buzzing in head if I went more than 12 hours without taking it) made me want to shoot myself. Few years later I was put on lexapro and klonapin, the interaction made me involuntary almost jump into a moving car.

Yeah so pharmaceuticals are nope. Weed helps but I can't afford to/have access to it everyday. Aside from that I don't do anything because there's nothing that can be done

Never had full on panic attacks but i get general anxiety from time to time, sometimes thinking too much makes it worse for me. I usually try and do my best to distract myself.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Yeah hey me too for almost all of that wormholes

Life is pretty shit

Tbh palpitations alone can give me an attack. I can't even exercise really because if my heart rate goes up I freak out

No cardio for me
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Aug 3, 2014,
Quote by chookiecookie
Tbh palpitations alone can give me an attack. I can't even exercise really because if my heart rate goes up I freak out

No cardio for me

hey i have a similar problem

if i do cardio my heart rate gets high, so my blood pressure drops and that no oxygen goes to my brain = vasovagal syncope

mine is almost totally physical tho rather than psychological

cardio is lame anyway tho so it's not too much of a problem
also any exercise where my head moves too much triggers a vasovagal attack which sucks
Last edited by captainsnazz at Aug 3, 2014,
Working out and getting in better shape was probably the best decision i made and it helped my anxiety for sure

Try sit up/push ups and lifting free weights, you dont have to go squat and bench press and all that. Its stuff that can be done in your room if you want.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
Although I have a lot of anxiety problems, I rarely get anxiety attacks. And when I do, they aren't nearly as severe as they could be. I really get off lucky to be honest.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Use to, then i started smoking cigarettes again
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by jimihendrix6699
Working out and getting in better shape was probably the best decision i made and it helped my anxiety for sure

Try sit up/push ups and lifting free weights, you dont have to go squat and bench press and all that. Its stuff that can be done in your room if you want.

I am actually in the best looking physical shape of my life

I find that pretty if ironic tbh
ayy lmao
I need to start exercising again. But I always overdue it and I already have enough stretch marks.
Quote by chookiecookie
I am actually in the best looking physical shape of my life

I find that pretty if ironic tbh

Well i have no idea what to say then best of luck my man
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
Man, same.

I've been getting back in shape for about the past month and I wasn't too big to begin with

And I have some killer definition already

This thread got off topic
ayy lmao
Quote by Hydra150
everyone who spends a significant amount of time here does

apart from a few people
but those are the weird ones

hey!

but seriously, this might sound like a weird statment but I'm actually not sure if I really ever had "anxiety" issues. I've been under so much mental stress that I couldn't stand looking in a mirror and stuff like that, but anxiety as in phobia or fear of darkness, dogs or getting beat up by shady people.. nah. can't really remember having that
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Yea im still not thin, certain areas bigger than others but i have decent definition too. Mostly in my shoulders and arms.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
I don't think I've ever had an anxiety attack but, they sound like a really bad experience.

#Pray4Chookerz
Quote by Dimarzio45
I don't think I've ever had an anxiety attack but, they sound like a really bad experience.

#Pray4Chookerz

Yeah hey thanks bb I love you

And if you've had one, you'll know

The first time feels like you're having a heart attack, going insane and dying all at once

After you know what it is and what happened they're not as bad, but it's still awful
ayy lmao
Page 1 of 2