Most of you have probably seen my other thread about how the ESP Horizon III I got just didn't feel right. Fortunately, I found a guitar that did. Its such a smooth player and everyone knows strats are just the comfiest guitars out there. I picked it out after playing it for two hours over two consecutive days at GC trying to pick out the axe meant for me. It doesn't have a Floyd or 24 frets, but I can live without that easily enough, especially since its got a tremolo. It leaves an open door to getting a 24 fret FR guitar in the future too!

So here it is: A Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSH in Olympic Pearl!!!

Interesting piece of rosewood.

How about a pic without that awful plastic?

And below is a clip of my pathetic playing
(Invalid img)

Not the prettiest instrument for the money, but for "the axe" its worth it. I am thinking about a pearloid pickguard and white pickup covers, any comments on that idea?

She is a keeper guitar. I plan on keeping it long enough for it to naturally relic.
Last edited by JGM258 at Aug 4, 2014,
Nicely done, nicely done!

I have to say, though...my connection is running a bit sloooooooowwwwwww, so your video for me is coming through one note at a time.

*scree*
pause
*twangggg*
pause
*screoooooooo*
pause
*twangggg*
pause

I am quite confident that you're not as bad as my connection is making you sound,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Double post.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
that's a beauty !! ..... cool neck pattern , I have some 80's G&L with ebony finger board that looks just like that , now days G&L dye's the ebony black ..... your rosewood looks great
Good to see you found one to love, HNGD! Was it love at first riff?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Finally we know what you got instead of the ESP, nice one, congrats! I appreciated the clip too, personally I'm too coward to post clips of me playing
I've never seen before the stickers on the american Fenders, it reminded me a bit about this comic
Attachments:
brevity20091214.gif

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Nicely done, nicely done!

I have to say, though...my connection is running a bit sloooooooowwwwwww, so your video for me is coming through one note at a time.

*scree*
pause
*twangggg*
pause
*screoooooooo*
pause
*twangggg*
pause

I am quite confident that you're not as bad as my connection is making you sound,

Haha my bends need work but I'm getting there. Playing a couple hours a day help alot!

Quote by lucky1978

Good to see you found one to love, HNGD! Was it love at first riff?

Not exactly, at first I was a little hesitant because it has some fretbuzz on the top two strings (E and A), but when I came back to play it the next day, my buddy the lutheir put some new strings on it and I was sold. I still played it for an hour and a half to be safe. It still has a little buzz but not enough to bother me, or sound through the amp.
Honestly I don't care, its just that good to me

Thanks everyone for the comments
Nice

It seems to have a trem, though, not a hardtail?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Nice

It seems to have a trem, though, not a hardtail?

my bad you are correct.
haha no worries i was just wondering if I was seeing things
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?