I'm thinking of taking the semester off, working instead so my parents don't get financially wrecked by loans they would have to make to pay for my school. I was graduating a semester early anyways so this won't really affect much.

Anyone have experience with this?
ya

going back was really rough tbh

can I take a semester of life off please
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've taken quite a few semesters off (and by that I mean only taking one class/the only one i'm interested in (continuing Japanese)) and i've gotta say, by this point I don't really want to go back.
This next semester is my last Japanese class, and I think after this i'll just get a job to pay back loans and stop going.
Quote by Baby Joel
can I take a semester of life off please

^ yessah
i don't know why i feel so dry
Yea. It aint bad.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I was gonna take a gap year but didn't.

Whatever it is, as long as you have a solid plan for your break you'll be fine. Unless you're in the type of major where not being exposed to the material for a couple of weeks will give you trouble.
cat
I knew people that took semesters off to do co-op programs. It can be done, but you need to really be focused on starting back.
This is the life we must choose.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm surprised that a big arm hasn't appeared out of the amp and slapped you across the face.
No because I don't go to college
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
why not just finish school so you can start working a longer term job earlier (and probably get paid more?)
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Eastwinn
^ yessah

we can escape life forever together Ean, just you and me
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I'm not only taking a semester off, I dropped out all together.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Sort of. I had one semester I only took one class and it was super easy and I didn't do anything. I worked full time outside of that.

My only real advice is make sure you'd be readmitted and stuff like that, but I'm sure you thought of that stuff already.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
why are your parents taking the loans and not you

round these parts kids pay for their own damn shit
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Baby Joel
we can escape life forever together Ean, just you and me

:')
i don't know why i feel so dry
It sounds like it could work out well for you. Just don't be the guy who takes a semester off and cant will himself to go back. I took a long hiatus and it's been kind of a bore since, but I graduate this December so there's that at least.
Quote by Acϵ♠
why are your parents taking the loans and not you

round these parts kids pay for their own damn shit

yeah, this. i paid for my college and my mom lent me round $500 for food over the span of it and she expected it back. after Î came home we split rent and groceries til I left again

i understand if parents got money flying out their butts then paying for their kids schooling so they could have a chance to make more money in the future is acceptable. but if you`re parents are taking out loans themselves to pay for you thats a little nuts. youre lucky. I`d definetly take the year of and work and at least pitch towards it
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
These summer holidays I decided to get some money so I got a job. At high school I was always complaining about the giant effort of learning ton of useless shit and not getting anything for it and I thought "for a job you get money at least". At university I became anxious about parasiting on my parents financially when I'm already an adult. So I'm working now. It sucks horribly. It depends on where you work but with these jobs which require zero or minimal qualification it's horrid shit most of the time.
hey pal, I had to take a gap year at last year of my high school. Because health issues and some other family stuff. Well bad thing is that I wasnt capable of working at the times. So I just stayed home and did nothing. So yeah if you are going to do anything productive instead of going to school, its ok. If not dont do it. Only thing I gained off that year is playing guitar...