Vote on a song, now with % more fun. AND FREEDOM! (FREE WEEK - Week 2)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
4 29%
Song 2
0 0%
Song 3
2 14%
Song 4
1 7%
Song 5
4 29%
Song 6
3 21%
Voters: 14.
Hello

So, let’s talk about freedom.

Freedom can be many things, like:

- Driving your car without pants,
- Making Obama jokes,
- Picking your nose in a library,
- Etc...

Of course, there’s also that issue with surveillance. Do you feel like you’re being watched by those naughty cameras? Do you feel... less free?

Well tough, those cameras are important, how else would we catch this sick motherfoocker?

You too can aid in the capture of that lunatic.

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Cloudborne (demo)" (ibanez1997)

2 - "Don't Jump" (nico_9550)

3 - "Break Out" (chev311e)

4 - "Improved" (ehbacon)

5 - "Wrath It Up" (MapOfYourHead)

6 - "Old Friend (Old Tune)" (Skinny91)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last time's most voted FREE WEEK SONGS, from chev311e, the song "Directive", and from whywefight and FoOltz, the song "Elixir"!

AND

Here is last week's most voted COVER, from Skinny91, the song "Change (In The House Of Flies) (Deftones cover)"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Thursday. The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
No words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UDVyUzJ1g

Check out last week's COVERS thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32842353
OR
Check out the previous FREE WEEK thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1646370
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Aug 3, 2014,
Quote by Minicaxotinho
He's in front of the green and white bus on the right.

Took me around a minute to find him.

Thanks for wasting my minute.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'll try to get a song in next week (or this week whatever). It's sad I joined the group like 3 weeks ago, and I haven't participated
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
These are just the stream of thoughts in my head as each song was played.

Cool intro. 9/8 sounds smooth. Very buckethead. Drums should enter right when the bass enters with a relaxed beat, something like Iambic 9 Poetry . You lose momentum the way you've done it. Choir is so cliché, I'd just use an evolving pad or something. Turns into a Becker-equse thing which is interesting. Sound doesn't really go anywhere though, it just meanders along and the ends. Back into the intro/outro which ends it well.

Black Keys all over this mother. Needs some drums bad. Song doesn't evolve anywhere though. It's basically just a jam. I imagine it's all about to kick off and then it just ends lol

Catchy intro. Not really what I'm into at the minute but it sounds good. Lyrics aren't doing much for me. You could probably do something like the outro bwoh woh throughout to split up the song a bit.

4 - "Improved" (ehbacon)
Missing so much for me to critique. Chord progression itself is completely uninspired and sounds like a song Elliot Smith wrote and then threw in the bin.

Unbridled post-music African tribal singing genius with a sexy progression

Only fun song this week. Well put together. Vocals in the chorusy bit would set this song apart. Not much to say. Not much to take away.
Quote by MapOfYourHead
4 - "Improved" (ehbacon)
Missing so much for me to critique. Chord progression itself is completely uninspired and sounds like a song Elliot Smith wrote and then threw in the bin.

thanks for the review, I was disappointed in my song this week as well. Sometimes you have those weeks where nothing comes to you
6 sounds refreshing. Everything else sounds "been there done that" to me.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Quote by MapOfYourHead

Cool intro. 9/8 sounds smooth. Very buckethead. Drums should enter right when the bass enters with a relaxed beat, something like Iambic 9 Poetry . You lose momentum the way you've done it. Choir is so cliché, I'd just use an evolving pad or something. Turns into a Becker-equse thing which is interesting. Sound doesn't really go anywhere though, it just meanders along and the ends. Back into the intro/outro which ends it well.

Black Keys all over this mother. Needs some drums bad. Song doesn't evolve anywhere though. It's basically just a jam. I imagine it's all about to kick off and then it just ends lol

Catchy intro. Not really what I'm into at the minute but it sounds good. Lyrics aren't doing much for me. You could probably do something like the outro bwoh woh throughout to split up the song a bit.

4 - "Improved" (ehbacon)

Only fun song this week. Well put together. Vocals in the chorusy bit would set this song apart. Not much to say. Not much to take away.

Appreciate the review. Yea I wasnt really into my song too much either. Didn't really have anything in mind to write about so I just quickly put it together unfortunately.
Just realized I had a song that I could have used but oh well, it's mostly crappy midi anyway

Went with mapofyourheads cuz that middle section is gnarly
Quote by MapOfYourHead

4 - "Improved" (ehbacon)

I really appreciate the detailed feedback. I agree the choir is kinda cliché, but I'm a sucker for that sort of thing so I had to do it. I'm planning to tweak the song for an album version, and it is a bit drawn out the way it is now.

Quote by nico_9550
I went with Cloudborne, really nice song

Much appreciated, thanks
Damn it I had read the poll closing date and because of that stupid American date writing way I read 08 and thought I had one more day. I'll give these a listen right away.
Quote by sickman411
Damn it I had read the poll closing date and because of that stupid American date writing way I read 08 and thought I had one more day. I'll give these a listen right away.

WTF me too
(gonna vote now)