It's a shame the grip master thread is closed... I am wanting to find out more information about this. My bf had a brain aneurysm about a year and a half ago and has been left with a left sided deficit. Am wanting something to strengthen his left hand to help him get back to playing what he used to play. He could play just about any Metallica track which he learned all by ear. He's very upset that he has forgotten them all. Hopefully in gaining confidence and some left handed strengthening he can get it back. I'm wondering which one of the grip masters I should get for him. I am bemused by all the people putting other people down for asking questions about this item. To all of you who did that, you don't know why other people are asking or what their circumstances are. You are only responding to make yourselves feel superior. How about not doing that and only contributing to a forum if you have something to say that is actually you know... contributory? Sandi
The reason the Grip Master isn't that popular is because it just doesn't work. There are dozens of stories about the item that claim that it had no difference, few people saying that it trains the wrong muscles and even makes your playing worse. The situation with your boyfriend is nightmarish, that is literally the greatest fear of many guitarists, but that doesn't change the fact that a useless device is useless. It's admirable that you want to help him, but in my opinion the Grip Master is the wrong way to do it. I don't have personal experience, but I have read a ton of negative or indifferent reviews.
sorry to hear about your bf. hope he's doing well.

yeah i've not heard much good about the gripmaster either. there's many reasons that people bash it.

do you have a physical therapist or someone who helped him through rehabilitation? they might know some good and simple exercises to help him strengthen his hand in the correct way.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
sorry to hear about your bf. hope he's doing well.

yeah i've not heard much good about the gripmaster either. there's many reasons that people bash it.

do you have a physical therapist or someone who helped him through rehabilitation? they might know some good and simple exercises to help him strengthen his hand in the correct way.

that is what he needs. i don't know if he has insurance, maybe Medicaid could help with the financials. IIRC its 80% 20% which most would put the co-pays between $15-$30
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Would an actual guitar work better? Or maybe just a neck/fretboard.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20